World's biggest fly swat

Kuro24

Hello again,

Just a quick question. Does anybody know anything for getting flys/ insects off the front of zeds? I've tried autogylm tar remover and the turtlewax equivalent, also tried waxing. The insects themselves come off, but they seem to leave an imprint which though not visible from a distance is up close. I was thinking of applying diamondbrite to her (one year old GT4 Kuro black Z) and thought it best to get rid of the insect graveyard.

Thanks again

Alex.

Hello again,

Just a quick question. Does anybody know anything for getting flys/ insects off the front of zeds? I've tried autogylm tar remover and the turtlewax equivalent, also tried waxing. The insects themselves come off, but they seem to leave an imprint which though not visible from a distance is up close. I was thinking of applying diamondbrite to her (one year old GT4 Kuro black Z) and thought it best to get rid of the insect graveyard.

Thanks again

Alex.

Meguiars do a product for that as well but not yet tried........ stocked at your local halfords.

May be worth a try as their products are normally half decent. :thumbs:

Judas' other half here, hi all :)

As well as bunny giblets :yuck: the front of the Z was pretty much coated in fly innards too. So we sprayed on some Autoglym insect remover then got some Bounty kitchen roll (it's the only stuff that stays intact wet) dipped it in some lukewarm water and laid the sheets all over the front of the car. Left it to soak including spraying more water to keep it wet for about 20 minutes. Then grab the tissue and wipe off bugs. Most came away immediately and the others came off with the jet wash or the soapy sponge. If the car is particularly dusty though give it a quick rinse first.

:thumbs:

Trace :)

There are aa couple of sponges they sell in halfords which are double sided. One side has a thicker black material which get the flys off well.

One sponge is Meguiars and the other I cant remember. Its the other one I use and have always been impressed with it over the standard car wash sponge.

:welcome: Trace

I'd highly recommend a bug sponge (basically a sponge covered in a mesh, Halfrods use to sell them, but somewhere like Lanes car products, etc you can still order then:

B0001P0BWG.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1121396395_.jpg

Then take a lemon and squeeze it, add a little hot water, just a couple of cups to the lemon juice and apply with the sponge, then rinse. then clay bar :) I try to avoid any chemicals going anywhere near my paintwork unless i have too, i love Zymol products there all natural (though very expensive :wacko: )

I'd follow with a clenser and clensing sponge then a 3 coats of wax at least on the front of the car, this will stop the buggers sticking next time, trust me it works anyone thats ever seen my cars knows just how long it take me to clean them.

I'm thinking of doing some detialing in this area, if anyones interested :)

Andy

I'd highly recommend a bug sponge (basically a sponge covered in a mesh, Halfrods use to sell them, but somewhere like Lanes car products, etc you can still order then:

B0001P0BWG.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1121396395_.jpg

Then take a lemon and squeeze it, add a little hot water, just a couple of cups to the lemon juice and apply with the sponge, then rinse. then clay bar :) I try to avoid any chemicals going anywhere near my paintwork unless i have too, i love Zymol products there all natural (though very expensive :wacko: )

I'd follow with a clenser and clensing sponge then a 3 coats of wax at least on the front of the car, this will stop the buggers sticking next time, trust me it works anyone thats ever seen my cars knows just how long it take me to clean them.

I'm thinking of doing some detialing in this area, if anyones interested :)

Andy

Definately mate and thanks for that tip :thumbs:

• 1 month later...