Can I wash the car yet? 3 weeks after new paint?

Bundus

Is it safe for me to wash my car yet? I had new front and rear bumpers and new bonnet fitted 3 weeks ago with ne paint job. I cant wash the car at home so will be taking it to a garage with a foam lance. Ill take a sponge of my own for the delicate areas but Im more concerned about using the pressure lance on it.

Any advice?

Cheers :thumbs:

Dont think there is a problem with washing a car that has fresh paint on mate, just use proper car wash and a wash mitt (NOT A SPONGE!).

Its polishing you cant do until the paint is properly set. I washed my newly sprayed bumper a few days after getting it done, they should harden it for you before you pick it up, you just have to leave it to properly set before a polish, and I think even then 3 weeks is more than enough ;)

Cheers guys. Ill have to get me a mitt then as dont think I have one and I do like to increase my detailing inventory.

Mark - if you are at home today Ill be over in a bit :teeth: Otherwise Ill take it for a wash near me as really want to get it done today.

Cheers again.

depends how good the painter is and how confident they are in their own work. If someone told me dont touch it for 2 weeks I would be nervous. When I had my roof done the guy gave the whole car a clean before me collecting it, that was a really good sign that the guy is perfectly confident in his own work. I take it the car wasnt baked?

Cheers guys. Ill have to get me a mitt then as dont think I have one and I do like to increase my detailing inventory.

Mark - if you are at home today Ill be over in a bit :teeth: Otherwise Ill take it for a wash near me as really want to get it done today.

Cheers again.

Will be home about 5ish...