:: Japan North 2009 - Haigh Hall, Wigan - 16/08/09

jamier

Logo_JN09_web.jpg

Dear all,

Well it's back for a third year, the next installment of Japan North is set for Sunday 16th August 2009 at Haigh Hall in Wigan.

I would like to invite this club to the event following the success of the previous two years.

Last year, Japan North managed to raise an impressive £1850 through various means including company donations, sponsorship, raffle prizes and generous donations from those that attended on the day. Coverage from the Show was featured in the various Japanese and modified tuning magazines, as well as on radio stations, in local/regional newspapers and newsletters distributed from the charities that were involved.

There is no fixed fee for the event, nor are there tickets, but what I do ask is that you donate and give what you can to support the chosen charities.

Once again, our volunteers will be present with collection buckets for the chosen charities of this year, which are:

• [*:qwu2yim5] Childline North West
    [*:qwu2yim5] Christie's
    [*:qwu2yim5] Butterflies North West
    [*:qwu2yim5] Derrian House Chorley

So, here are the details for you:

Date: Sunday 16th August 2009

Venue: Haigh Hall, Wigan, WN2 1PE.

The official website can be found at:

http://www.JapanNorth.co.uk/

Here you will find a gallery from 2008's show along with Sponsor, Location and Contact information.

The Facebook Group & Event for Japan North 2009 can be found below, where you will also find links to the events from the previous years and their associated images:

Group: http://www.facebook....gid=13809992074

Event: http://www.facebook....eid=54707153601

If you wish to attend this year, please place your name in this post below, listing your:

First & Last Name:

Forum Name:

Vehicle:

Ensure that you copy the list from anyone who has posted before you, so that the list remains updated.

Notice for Admins / Co-ordinators: To ensure that all members of your club are accepted at the entry gates, please gather each attendees registration plate number.

Initially, I am allocating an area for 20 vehicles for each club, but this may be increased dependant upon ground control at the venue and I shall update you with this information.

All Traders should contact the number provided below or alternatively, e-mail the dedicated trade address found on the website.

It would be appreciated if you could make friends aware of the event so that we gain much more publicity and interest as we all know that a show's popularity grows from word-of-mouth and with this being so local (rather than in Scotland or way down South) this would help greatly! I hope to see a wide variety of attendees this year - both old and new!

If you would like to ask any questions then please do so...

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you,

Kind regards,

Jamie Rigby

Japan North Founder & Organiser

www.JapanNorth.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Good evening all,

The closure date for attendee submission is Friday 7th August by 12:00

noon. This will allow for the stand areas to be measured out accordingly.

After this I'm afraid I cannot accept any additional requests.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Jamie

Good afternoon everyone,

A few updates...

www.JapanNorth.co.uk

There will be two competitions you can enter this year, which are "Best I.C.E." and "Show & Shine". Each of these require an entry form to be completed and handed in early on the day (or e-mailed in advance). Also, the Vehicle Specification Template is now available for download.

The site has now been updated with a "Download" page, where you can obtain a copy of the following:

* Vehicle Specification Template

* Best I.C.E. Competition Entry Form

* Show & Shine Competition Entry Form

* Japan North 2009 Flyer

In addition, the raffle tickets are available for purchase through the website priced at £1.00 each and they can also be purchased as a book of 5.

The raffle prize list on the site is constantly being updated as the prizes are being donated. Here are some of the prizes available:

* £100 Voucher courtesy of Wheel Quick

* Driving Experience courtesy of Three Sisters Race Circuit

* £200 Subaru Service courtesy of Scooby Teknix

* Planet Audio 6 x 9 Speakers courtesy of K&M Acoustics

* £100 Adrian Flux Insurance Voucher

* Platinum Full Valet courtesy of Technique Valeting Ltd.

In addition to this there is Nemesis Performance UK Merchandise, Full Air Conditioning Service, Paintball Sessions, Karting Sessions, Haydock Park Racecourse Day, Knowsley Safari Park Tickets, Auto Glym Valet Pack, Go Ape Vouchers, Subways Meals, Blue Planet Aquarium Tickets, Southport Air Show Tickets, Full Body Machine Polish & Valet, JapSpeed Mechanics Gloves & Merchandise - just to name a few!

Please note the availability is limited on the raffle tickets!

If you have any queries, feel free to ask...

All the best,

Jamie

www.JapanNorth.co.uk

Logo_JN2.png

Dear all,

This is my final post before the show, so please take the time to read it...

::: JAPAN NORTH 2009 - RULES & GUIDELINES :::

Times:

Entry to the venue for owners clubs and companies will begin at 07:30AM and end promptly at 09:30AM. Cars after this time will not be able to access the stands for their clubs.

This is according to Haigh Hall Country Park's Health & Safety Regulations, as the venue is open to the public and so we must gather and arrange all cars by 09:30AM in preparation for opening.

All vehicles will be in situe by 09:30AM.

The event will be officially open from 10:00AM to the public.

The event will be closing at 16:00 and all cars MUST leave the venue by 18:00.

Rubbish:

I have been told that if any rubbish is left at the end of the day, it will be picked by the park rangers and there WILL BE A CHARGE FOR THIS.

PLEASE collect ALL your rubbish, it's not a huge favour to ask and this all contributes to being able to use the venue next time around.

If rubbish is left, the charge incurred will be passed onto your club.

Marshals:

Marshals will be located at the entrance to Haigh Hall Country Park, along the driveway to Haigh Hall and at the event site to control and assist with parking of exhibition vehicles. Please conform to their directions. Anyone failing to do so will be asked to leave.

Drivers are cautioned not to exceed 10MPH whilst you are within the grounds of Haigh Hall.

On arrival at the event site, your vehcile will be checked off from a list, according to your First and Last Name, Club Name and Reegistration Plate Number.

If your details are not present on the attendee register then you will not be able to access the showground or club stand with your vehicle.

The Day:

Should there be a need for a vehicle to be moved during the event, you MUST seek the assistance of one of the event marshals. Should you refuse to wait for assistance prior to moving the vehicle, a signature will be required on the Health and Safety Waiver Form and the matter reported to Event Control, along with your vehicle details.

Everyone should be aware of Health & Safety issues and bring any concerns to the attention of the event organisers, which may be found at the main Japan North Stand and also wearing high visibility vests.

At the end of the show, the event marshals will supervise the orderly exit of exhibitors (traders and clubs) from Haigh Hall Country Park.

Please note: All members that have voiced interest in attending the day have been compiled into a list. This list will be passed onto event marshals, who will ensure that only vehicles present on the attendee list may enter the venue for display on their club stand.

Facilities:

There is a water tap on site, so you can fill any buckets if you wish to wash your vehicles.

There is an Air Conditioning service on the day if you wish to have your car re-gassed.

There is a car valeting service on the day if you wish to have your car professionally valeted.

Please be aware there is a second show that day named "Haigh Agricultural Show" - if you follow signs to this then you'll end up parked with horses, sheep, cows and pigs!

If you have any queries, please contact 07806 399 787.

Above all, have a safe and enjoyable day and I look forward to meeting you all at the third installment of the Japan North Car Show!

All the best,

Jamie Rigby

www.JapanNorth.co.uk

07806 399 787

Logo_JN2.png

www.JapanNorth.co.uk

Dear all,

Firstly, thank you to all those that attended and made the show the success that it was. For the first time in three years, the weather was kind enough not to rain, which was a relief!

The money raised has been counted and has been announced on the Japan North website. It should be noted that we are still awaiting contributions from several companies, so hopefully this figure should rise even further!

The Japan North Galleries have also been updated, with additions from 2009. There are almost 300 images on there, so there is a good chance you'll find your car there.

All winning numbers have been added to the Raffle page too, along with their corresponding prices.

For those that were unable to donate on the day, we are still taking donations via the website, which is completed securely through PayPal.

Once again, thank you for attending the show and for the kind donations. I know this is said often, but every penny really does count so thank you.

All the very best,

Jamie

www.JapanNorth.co.uk