Brembo Cross Drilled Sports Discs & Pads

Corrado

Yes fitted mine a few weeks ago, brembo high performance drilled discs with ferodo ds2500 pads.

Can't say if there's any difference yet, as it's been off the road since.

I should be back on the road next week and can give an update then.

Thanks great, where did you buy the cross-drilled Brembos? Prices seem to vary on the web.

Was fitting easy enough?

How do you retract the pistons in the Brembo Calipers? I remember reading in the EVO buyers guide that if you over fill the brake fluid reservoir they retract automatically. Is that correct, or do you need a wind-in tool for the pistons?

Thanks great, where did you buy the cross-drilled Brembos? Prices seem to vary on the web.

Was fitting easy enough?

How do you retract the pistons in the Brembo Calipers? I remember reading in the EVO buyers guide that if you over fill the brake fluid reservoir they retract automatically. Is that correct, or do you need a wind-in tool for the pistons?

I got mine from circuit supplies and fitting is the same as any other discs and pads. You don't need a wind back tool.

• 3 months later...

I've now fitted Brembo Sportline cross-drilled front discs, and Brembo Sportline Pads front and rear.

Very impressed with the quality on the discs, and the drilling pattern looks good. The drilled discs aren't right & left handed (their grooved ones are), so the drilling pattern runs in the opposite direction on driver's side and passenger side.

The Brembo Sportline pads don't come fitted with the metal 'wear indicator' the OEM pads have, but apart from that appear the same.

Fitting was very straight forward, the only 'surprise' for me was the rigid pipe to the caliper. Removing the bolts on the securing plate allowed the caliper to be moved out of the way. The old disc is then simply pulled-off the wheel nut studs and the new discs pushed on. Pads both front and rear are secured by pins, and the pistons are simply pushed-back into the caliper without any wind-back tool. Key tip would be to clean the retaining pins well before trying to remove them - it makes it much easier. Also be very careful not to chip the paint on the caliper it is quite brittle.

My car's standard, so the standard brakes were plenty. Comparing performance is a bit of a subjective judgement, but the test reports say the sports pads give the biggest improvement over standard, and the drilled discs are more for show unless you're doing hard track driving.

The pedal-feel is just as standard, and there doesn't seem to be any more brake dust than normal. "Subjectively" they do seem to stop better too!!

I'm very pleased with the set-up, it seems to work well for road driving, and the discs look great!

• 6 months later...

I didn't actually do the brake-lines at the time, but plan to do it now along with the brake fluid change.

Found the 'how to' guide on here showing HEL lines. This set-up appears to bye-pass the connector block and short rigid pipe which originally connected to the back of the front Brembo caliper. Instead the hose connects directly to the back of the caliper.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26103

I've been getting quotes on Goodridge lines (which are apparently to special order for the UK spec 350Z). I'm being advise that these come with an adaptor, which I'm assuming is the link to the rigid connector?

Has anyone fitted Goodridge lines? Do they connect to the existing connector block leaving a rigid pipe into the back of the front calipers? Are they effectively a direct replacement for the OEM lines, or do they follow a different routing as the HEL lines appear to from the pics?

Any help appreciated!

Any tips on bleeding the system once changed, caliper sequence, etc?

Any Traders stocking Goodridge?

• 2 months later...

Got a set of Goodridge hoses from Alex, and finally got round to fitting them yesterday.

Managed to get the car on a post lift at a mate's garage which made it easier with all 4 wheels off.

Fitting was pretty straight forward, though we did encounter one snag which made me glad I was at a garage not on my drive! After 7 years and 35k miles of road grime, both of the front caliper's rigid-pipe-to-union connections were solid. Despite having been spraying them with WD-40 for a week before they just weren't going to move. In the end it needed some locallised heat from a welding torch to free them! Apart from that, it was all straight forward.

I was really impressed with the quality of the Goodridge lines which are exact matches for the OEM Nissan lines and so fit perfectly to all the original mounting points and are a really neat and secure fit. They are relatively "expensive" compared to alternative lines, but to my eyes worth it. Nice kit, I'd certainly recommend it! :thumbs:

Forgot to mention anything about the performance - the transformation is phenominal!

Despite having a full Main Agent history, my 53-plate car had never had a brake fluid change, so it's 7 years old and, if the Handbook is correct, it was factory filled with DoT 3. Which probably hadn't helped.

The Goodridge hoses and flush through with DoT 5.1 fluid has totally transformed the braking and is allowing the Bembo Sport Discs and pads I fitted to do there thing. The pedal feel is great, and stopping power unquestionably dramatically improved.

It's clear that my set-up hasn't been working to full potential since I've had the car! :drive1