BT/Outlook email probs

Nick_MSM

Doing my head in...

..Trying to sort out my email address, it currently sends emails fine but won't receive.

I'm on BT internet, using outlook express with my own email address (non BT). Have entered the BT email/password etc in accounts but can't sort it, can anyone help?

:angry::angry::wacko::headhurt::thumbdown::surrender::scare::boxing::dry:

'ello mate!

I've got a similar problem with work emails at home, except I can receive but not send. Our problem is due to the fact that our website & email addresses are held on our web hosts server which has problems with getting too many email requests (apologies if this isn't the right techy talk, I don't know too much about this!) and basically spits its dummy out. Don't know if this is the same thing with you mate but it could well be??

Apparently the fix is getting a proper server in the office and then I don't know what, as this is about as far as I get before switching off when our IT guy starts

Nick

If your email address is one of the "free" ones like hotmail they have recently been configured so they will not work when hosted on Outlook unless you subcribe to the "paying" versions.

Hotmail did this about a year ago it can still be used properly through a browser but wont synchronise properly with Outlook Express or full Outlook.

Check with your provider of email as to the correct configuration if this is not the case.

Guest prescience
Doing my head in...

..Trying to sort out my email address, it currently sends emails fine but won't receive.

I'm on BT internet, using outlook express with my own email address (non BT). Have entered the BT email/password etc in accounts but can't sort it, can anyone help?

What is your incoming (POP3) setting set to - it should be set to the non-BT value.

The outgoing (SMTP) setting should be set to the BT value, assuming that is your default

Look at the attached (sorry I know this is Outlook not Express), for example, suppose your default ISP is zen, then the SMTP is set too mailhost.zen.co.uk

But your other account is a wanadoo as shown, then the POP3 value is set to that provided by wanadoo

Doing my head in...

What is your incoming (POP3) setting set to - it should be set to the non-BT value.

The outgoing (SMTP) setting should be set to the BT value, assuming that is your default

Look at the attached (sorry I know this is Outlook not Express), for example, suppose your default ISP is zen, then the SMTP is set too mailhost.zen.co.uk

But your other account is a wanadoo as shown, then the POP3 value is set to that provided by wanadoo

and he's back! B)