Grinding noise when at low speeds

harry8052

Hi, I've bought a 06 plate Roadster with 14k on the clock :teeth: form the Nissan dealer in Exeter and within less than a week of owning it i've noticed a grinding noise when driving at low speeds. Its most noticable in first doing about 1500rpm/8-10mph, but will also stop when the clutch is pressed in, and is much more prominent when turning but the noise dies out above 20/30 mph.

Has anyone else heard of this? The dealership have already greased the rear bearings and replaced some bolts on them but this did nothing. They now have no idea and want to keep it for week. Im wondering if its a transmission problem as 2nd gear can be a real git to get into aswell.

Any help would be greatly appriecated

Cheers

Not sure how bad your growling noise is but they all make a nice grumbling type noise or other - my roadster did a lot more before they took the gearbox out to do a recall fix on the clutch master cylinder but that was for '07 cars?

Hope you find out what it is and tell us?Maybe try to record it on your mobile and post it up here?

Hi, I've bought a 06 plate Roadster with 14k on the clock :teeth: form the Nissan dealer in Exeter and within less than a week of owning it i've noticed a grinding noise when driving at low speeds. Its most noticable in first doing about 1500rpm/8-10mph, but will also stop when the clutch is pressed in, and is much more prominent when turning but the noise dies out above 20/30 mph.

Has anyone else heard of this? The dealership have already greased the rear bearings and replaced some bolts on them but this did nothing. They now have no idea and want to keep it for week. Im wondering if its a transmission problem as 2nd gear can be a real git to get into aswell.

Any help would be greatly appriecated

Cheers

The fact you say the noise stops when you depress the clutch pedal, would suggest it might be the release bearing or a clutch related problem.

Will it go into 2nd easier with the car not running and your foot on or off the clutch?

Why its noisier when turning I have no idea.

• 1 month later...

Hi there....well here's the update as promised. Nissan ended up keeping my car for 3 weeks and replaced the main input bearing to the gearbox, which, fingers crossed has seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks for all your replys