Dashboard blackout

ftastic

Hi all,

All of a sudden my 350z had a blackout on the dashboard. So i currently have no spedo (digital or standard), no fuel gauge or rev counter.

I'm not expert but i could just be a fuse? not sure, anyway have booked in with Nissan but they want £100 to just get started looking into it!...

Does anyone have an experience of this/clues? or maybe you know an auto electrician that might help me? i work in Bracknell, Berkshire, and live in Hartley Wintney, Hampshire so it would need to be near to these places.

My email is f_tastic1@hotmail.com if you have any tips!

Cheers! Andy

:bang:

Its 99% a fuse mate. If its not then could be the ac amp unit under the stereo (it's the white box that the ribbon cable goes into from the ac controls). I replaced one for a guy some time ago and this sorted it.

Will only be a fuse though, I'll put a shandy on it :thumbs:

Its 99% a fuse mate. If its not then could be the ac amp unit under the stereo (it's the white box that the ribbon cable goes into from the ac controls). I replaced one for a guy some time ago and this sorted it.

Will only be a fuse though, I'll put a shandy on it :thumbs:

+1 Doubt it'll be the AC box as it makes the dash light up with TCS off, ECU light etc and just stops the speedo/rev counter and indicator lights from working.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I just had an auto electrician round with his ecu monitor and fuse tester, he says all checks out ok, no faults on the ecu either...which is a bit odd, watched him doing it so seems legit. He reckons he has a mate that has equipment that will reset the ecu for me which may fix it otherwise reckons the cluster (dash) has a fault....

Not sure what to do next! maybe get the manual and read up on the exact fuse, presume you can just get from halfords?

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I just had an auto electrician round with his ecu monitor and fuse tester, he says all checks out ok, no faults on the ecu either...which is a bit odd, watched him doing it so seems legit. He reckons he has a mate that has equipment that will reset the ecu for me which may fix it otherwise reckons the cluster (dash) has a fault....

Not sure what to do next! maybe get the manual and read up on the exact fuse, presume you can just get from halfords?

Thats really odd? Hmm maybe there is an on board inline fuse on the back of the speedo or something? But you would have thought he could have found that? Yes you can get fuses from HAlfrauds but get them from another car spares place - be cheaper - but it does'nt sound right? Think you need a wiring diagram to double check for other fuses along the way? LED displays dotn just go out - they last for years?