Combined meet with GTROC - 20th June - Oxfordshire

H5

Calling all you London / South East / South West / Midlands owners (and those from further afield for the drive!) - I have been speaking with Mo from the GTROC and we thought it would be a great idea to get some Zed and Skyline / GTR owners together for a meet.

The details are as follows:-

“The Cherry Tree, Steventon, Abingdon, Oxfordshire is a Countryside Pub, is Cask Marque accredited and serves Good Food and has Accommodation. They feature Live Music regularly. The Cherry Tree has a Beer Garden.

If you are looking for the perfect pub look no further than the Cherry Tree. A fine example of a traditional English pub offering excellent accommodation and a cosy bar with a friendly atmosphere; freshly cooked food, real ales and fine wines all help to ensure the Cherry Tree provides a charming location for any occasion. We serve food daily from a menu where there is something to suit everyone; ranging from hearty sandwiches to more substantial main courses.

GOOD FOOD AND DRINK A newly created restaurant area caters for all tastes and appetites from snacks to 'chefs' own specials. Parties and functions can be catered for on request. Outside in the new courtyard area you will find modern patio seating with heating and parasols to enhance the alfresco dining experienceâ€.

So…without further ado

WHEN: Saturday 20th of June

(every 3rd Saturday of the month)

WHERE:

Cherry Tree

33 High Street

Steventon

Abingdon

Oxfordshire

OX13 6RZ

HOW TO GET THERE:

Steventon is located some 8 miles North-West of Wantage, about 1 miles off the A34. The pub is adjacent to the main road.

The pub can be found easily from the A34 - leave at the junction for Didcot and take the turning off the roundabout signposted Wantage. A little way up the hill you will come to some traffic lights, turn right for Steventon (signposted) and the Cherry Tree will be found on the right hand side just over the railway bridge.

(Please note there is a speed camera on Abingdon Road.)

NOW THE IMPORTANT BITS - THIS IS A STATIC MEET

01.) ABSOLUTELY NO DANGEROUS DRIVING.

02.) NO STUPID ARRIVALS OR DEPARTURES.

03.) NO FLY BY'S.

04.) NO LAUNCHES.

05.) NO DRIFTING DISPLAYS / DOUGHNUTS / BURNOUTS/ ETC…

06.) NO ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR OR ATTITUDES

Mo will be along soon to say hi. I will be getting back from hols mid afternoon on the day of the meet so hope to get there. We will be looking at getting together with the GTROC at these sorts of meets when we can.

The GTROC have their list started here - http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/118833-first ... -meet.html and at the time of posting have 8 members going. Lets get along and say hi to our bigger (turbo'd!) cousins. :thumbs:

Need to speak to the powers that be. This seems to be a very busy weekend. Looks to clash with the Chilli's mod days. I was going to them on the Sunday but now going to support some mates doing the London to Brighton which I was already down to do. Now looks like Sat will be take up with this :blush: Should be a good meet though :thumbs:

There will be plenty of GTR owners along as well and Mo is very welcoming. Looks like Chris might be along as well plus there is time to encourage others to go. :thumbs:

Mo will be along soon to say hi. I will be getting back from hols mid afternoon on the day of the meet so hope to get there. We will be looking at getting together with the GTROC at these sorts of meets when we can.

The GTROC have their list started here - http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/118833-first ... -meet.html and at the time of posting have 8 members going. Lets get along and say hi to our bigger (turbo'd!) cousins. :thumbs:

Hello all...

Sorry i haven't posted earlier...been a bit busy trying to sort some other events out as well and it was hard trying to find this thread...

I'm Mo from GTROC and as H5 says, it would be great if you guys can come over and "say hi"... ;)

Not expecting high numbers on the first meet in the area...but it will pick up, the same as our previous setups.

When it does, we'll be starting competitions, games and so on...for the kids, families and especially us big kids.

any questions or info...please pm me or post in this thread (now i know where it is, lol, i'll make sure to check it)

hope to see you next weekend...

Mo

Hi Mo, welcome aboard :thumbs:

If you decide on making the event regular, i.e. a certain day of each month, then we can get it added to the events calendar for visibility, should hopefuly get the numbers up.

As the met grows, it would be good to have activities etc as you say. :thumbs:

Hi Mo,

I stopped at a Pub for lunch yesterday, on the road that runs alongside the A34 just north of Chievely and the landlord dropped your name, said you already surveyed the road for sleeping policemen and he's going to make a ramp so the cars can go in his paddock for a bbq - nice pub, the food was great too.

Once you get a date conmfirmed, post it here cos I'll try to get down for that one, can't make this weekend for family reasons.

Hi Mo, welcome aboard :thumbs:

If you decide on making the event regular, i.e. a certain day of each month, then we can get it added to the events calendar for visibility, should hopefuly get the numbers up.

As the met grows, it would be good to have activities etc as you say. :thumbs:

hey....thanks for the welcome.

It is going to be a regular event...3rd saturday of every month. (first post under WHEN:), only location might change to accomodate numbers, I like "cosy" meets. ;)

i cant wait until it grows...sorting out alot of activities, games and competitions.

Hi Mo,

I stopped at a Pub for lunch yesterday, on the road that runs alongside the A34 just north of Chievely and the landlord dropped your name, said you already surveyed the road for sleeping policemen and he's going to make a ramp so the cars can go in his paddock for a bbq - nice pub, the food was great too.

Once you get a date conmfirmed, post it here cos I'll try to get down for that one, can't make this weekend for family reasons.

That pub your on about is brilliant we'll be going there hopefully when we get our numbers up...i didn't want him and his partners to create a concrete ramp just for us when only a few cars turn up...once the meet gets up and running we'll then be moving onto bigger venues to accomodate.

mo

P.S. I dont see a list....c'mon people, put your names down, a few of our members are bringing their Z's as well.

Hi Mo, nice to see you here and I hope you sorted your 1000bhp 'discussion'! :lol:

Sorry we didn't get to kick this off this time, lets sort one with a bit more notice over the summer and I'm sure we can get a great turn out. :thumbs: