One week of onwership so far!!

Hope4sun

Well its one week today adn i'm still buzzing, i know we all look back with rose tinted spec's but i think this has to be the most alround fun i've had since my first sports (and Japanese) car nearly 10 years ago when i had an Eunos roadster (MX-5) and that was great.

But this well, the porker was a good car, but you always felt like a passenger, the MR2 roadsters i've had were superb but lacked that little extra varooom, the R34 was just an animal and about the best i'd thought i would ever drive.

But for sheer "Smile Per Mile" rating (the way i rate all my cars) it's tops, apart from the fact i wish i could stop driving her so much, i've already done over 600 miles (the trip to Liverpool did'nt help), just worried she will be worthless in 3 years as the mileage will be in starship figures :D

Right i'm off for another blat to help loosen her up, can't wait to get over the 4000rpm's, thoug i have a couple of times alreadys :blush: Then the dealer did say there already run in?

Andy

Oh dear no one said anything about running her in !!! I picked mine up 4 days ago with 1100 miles on clock an she aint been off the rev limiter since, or at least in 1 2 3 & 4 been a little sooner on the changes in 5th. would have to say she hits the limiter pretty fast and I have been wondering if I can change this within the computer (notice I can fiddle with it, but I think it just shifts the red shift light up the scale) anyway hmmmm who told u 4000 rpm, like where did that come from it dont say anything in the manual about rev limits - does it ?

Oh dear no one said anything about running her in !!! I picked mine up 4 days ago with 1100 miles on clock an she aint been off the rev limiter since, or at least in 1 2 3 & 4 been a little sooner on the changes in 5th. would have to say she hits the limiter pretty fast and I have been wondering if I can change this within the computer (notice I can fiddle with it, but I think it just shifts the red shift light up the scale) anyway hmmmm who told u 4000 rpm, like where did that come from it dont say anything in the manual about rev limits - does it ?

I think it does mate :blush: Not 2 worry tho it's all under warranty aint it???

Jees I spos if they plug the lap into "Grazelda" its gonna a show shes been buzzed on the limiter for the first week of her life, in fact I picked her up from the Nissan dealer which is 30mtrs from the 30 signs and from that point it was bang bang bang through the gears, never really thought about running her in, mabye slow down for a bit then.

Jees I spos if they plug the lap into "Grazelda" its gonna a show shes been buzzed on the limiter for the first week of her life, in fact I picked her up from the Nissan dealer which is 30mtrs from the 30 signs and from that point it was bang bang bang through the gears, never really thought about running her in, mabye slow down for a bit then.

Can plug-ins tell this sort of stuff???

I believe most modern engines are run-in on bench during car manufacture nowadays, but to take it easy for a few thousand miles to help loosen up the internals is undoubtedly the best way forward. It's like a sprinter trying to race without warming up...he risks pulling a muscle and getting injured, so too the engine. A delicate loud foot for the first few miles will deffo help smooth out the engine in fine style.

Well thats my take on it anyway... ;)

I've had my car for a week and half now, 06. The girl from the nissan garage rang me hastily yesterday "...oh there is a running in period...blah blah" im the same mate, ive hammered mine a few times. Anyways it is true, there is a running in period and the manual does say so. The manual says upto 1200 miles, the lady form the nissan garage told me 2000 miles. im taking it easy now though, its done 700 miles in less than 2 weeks. im just trying to drive anywhere to get to 1200 miles, looking for any excuse to drive, i know its sad but on tuesday after the england game, i made two trips to drop my 2 friends off home :wacko:

I've had my car for a week and half now, 06. The girl from the nissan garage rang me hastily yesterday "...oh there is a running in period...blah blah" im the same mate, ive hammered mine a few times. Anyways it is true, there is a running in period and the manual does say so. The manual says upto 1200 miles, the lady form the nissan garage told me 2000 miles. im taking it easy now though, its done 700 miles in less than 2 weeks. im just trying to drive anywhere to get to 1200 miles, looking for any excuse to drive, i know its sad but on tuesday after the england game, i made two trips to drop my 2 friends off home :wacko:

Lot's of people do an oil change after the run in period ;)

Guest prescience

You just need to be sensible with running-in; it never made any sense to me that you keep under 4k rpm for 1200 miles and then run to 6500/7000 at 1201!

I built mine revs up over a period from about 800 to 1600

You just need to be sensible with running-in; it never made any sense to me that you keep under 4k rpm for 1200 miles and then run to 6500/7000 at 1201!

I built mine revs up over a period from about 800 to 1600

True.... Can't do much harm a little blip now and again :)