20mm Eibach hubcentric spacers front and back

Sandy

Hello

My Eibach spacers arrived today and I had a look at fitting them. Being a total novice :doh: here how do I fit them? I had the front wheel off to have a look but with the spacers the wheel bolts aren't long enough. I take it I'll need to take the brakes off and replace these bolts with the set that can with the spacers?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Sandy

If their the same as my eibach ones, the bolts are attached to the spacer, you used the normal studs on the spacers holes witht eh nuts provided then bolt your wheel to teh new spacer nuts. :thumbs:

Hello

I've took a photo of the kit I received, is this the correct kit?

PS Sorry aboot the blurry pic

Thanks

Sandy

If their the same as my eibach ones, the bolts are attached to the spacer, you used the normal studs on the spacers holes witht eh nuts provided then bolt your wheel to teh new spacer nuts. :thumbs:

Hello

I've took a photo of the kit I received, is this the correct kit?

Hi as CS has said these are different ones, id see if you could possibly exchange them for teh other ones, much easier, as the bolts are already joined to the spacer, u then just bolt you wheels on. I would think as long as there not damaged the trader might change them for the hubcentric ones that we use.

Barry

You’ve bought the more complicated system, where was it from, surprised you weren’t told about the differences…

I only sell the bolt on kit, much easier… :thumbs:

+1

Best with the bolt on kit Sandy.

Send them back if you can and buy the proper kit from CS. :thumbs:

Alex.

You’ve bought the more complicated system, where was it from, surprised you weren’t told about the differences…

I only sell the bolt on kit, much easier… :thumbs:

+1

Best with the bolt on kit Sandy.

Send them back if you can and buy the proper kit from CS. :thumbs:

Alex.

+2, do what alex says if you can bud :thumbs:

I've just recieved the same kit as mentioned in this thread - system 6 i believe? I bought them from a member on here so cant return them if i cant get them to fit.

They are the bolt through system - do I need to remove the OEM wheel bolts? How do the new eibach ones then fit?

If I cant work it out I'll get my mate at the garage to do it. Just I have the car up on a jack after doing the discs and pads today and wanted them fitted if possible

I've just recieved the same kit as mentioned in this thread - system 6 i believe? I bought them from a member on here so cant return them if i cant get them to fit.

They are the bolt through system - do I need to remove the OEM wheel bolts? How do the new eibach ones then fit?

If I cant work it out I'll get my mate at the garage to do it. Just I have the car up on a jack after doing the discs and pads today and wanted them fitted if possible

You have got to swop out the oem wheel studs with the extended studs supplied while the hubcentric easy fit ones come with the extended studs already fitted to the spacer, so they are totally bolt on with no fuss. :thumbs:

Alex.

Actually with all the problems members have had with rounding nuts off and the spacer nuts vibrating loose, i would say that the system 6 ones are better. There's a bit more work involved in fitting but it isn't that difficult. You have to tap the original studs back through the hub, and fit the news ones in by getting the splines lined up, and use a nut the same size as the wheel nut and tighten it onto the stud which will pull it in at the same time. It is time consuming but it is a good set up.

Actually with all the problems members have had with rounding nuts off and the spacer nuts vibrating loose, i would say that the system 6 ones are better. There's a bit more work involved in fitting but it isn't that difficult. You have to tap the original studs back through the hub, and fit the news ones in by getting the splines lined up, and use a nut the same size as the wheel nut and tighten it onto the stud which will pull it in at the same time. It is time consuming but it is a good set up.

Spacer nuts vibrating loose :scare: do tell me more any threads on this. would it be advisable to say check them after a few 100 miles granted theres maybe expansion through heat etc. got me worried now. :scare:

I knew that you guys would come up trumps :thumbs:

The tapping the studs through was what i expected, but how do you then get them back in?

I just replaced the front discs and pads and there seemed to be a lot (forgive my tech ignorance) of gubbins behind the hub that would prevent me getting the longer studs in?

It looks like some kind of thin metal 'sheild'?

I take it that the rears are the same setup?

I knew that you guys would come up trumps :thumbs:

The tapping the studs through was what i expected, but how do you then get them back in?

I just replaced the front discs and pads and there seemed to be a lot (forgive my tech ignorance) of gubbins behind the hub that would prevent me getting the longer studs in?

It looks like some kind of thin metal 'sheild'?

I take it that the rears are the same setup?

To fit the longer studs to the front you have to remove the hub

To fit the longer studs to the rear you will only have to remove the handbrake shoes.

Alex. :thumbs:

Spacer nuts vibrating loose :scare: do tell me more any threads on this. would it be advisable to say check them after a few 100 miles granted theres maybe expansion through heat etc. got me worried now. :scare:

Put a bit of locktight on the nuts, torque them up to around 80-80 ft lb and then check them after about 100 miles and youu you shouldn't have any problems. I did that with mine and they've been on there now for about a year.

Nice job :thumbs: did you have any problems fitting them?

Not to bad managed to change the back bolts without taking the brake shoes off (put the bolts in at an angle then turned the hub to pop them through the holes (removed the oirginal bolts using a brass hammer came out easily). The fronts were easier

Cheers

Sandy