Skid Light

St3v50z

Alright guys, I was out this evening in my private car park where it had been raining quite alot, so i decided to turn off ESP and have a quick play to get the feel of what happens when it breaks traction (circles not sideways), as i have only driven the car with ESP on since i bought it.

I noticed an icon of a car skidding come on the dashboard afterwards, then it would go away again as soon as you stop and turn the igntion off/on again, so i wasnt too worried as i then drove it normally and it did not re-appear. I assume it's some kind of 'your driving like a penis' light? Basically telling me that the LSD had to do some work? But from what i understood, it should blink, not stay on? Any particular reason for that or just having a fit? Tyres/pads/geometry is all good btw, like new.

If the light is on it means you have turned off your ESP. If it flashes, your ESP is on and is activated (i.e. you are skidding and the ESP is correcting the car). When you turn off the ignition then on again the ESP will be automatically put on - you have cancel it manually every time the engine is switched on, if that is what you want.

I think that is right ?! :wacko: .

If the light is on it means you have turned off your ESP. If it flashes, your ESP is on and is activated (i.e. you are skidding and the ESP is correcting the car). When you turn off the ignition then on again the ESP will be automatically put on - you have cancel it manually every time the engine is switched on, if that is what you want.

I think that is right ?! :wacko: .

+1 mate. You'll feel when the traction control hits as it cuts your throttle and you'll also be able to tell when the ESP kicks in as you can feel it braking whichever side needs.