Rota Torque Drift in gunmetal 18 x 8.5/9.5

nrenz123

After a lot of thought i have decided that it is these wheels that i want, im having trouble finding them in 18 x 8.5 and 18.95 in the correct colour and offset.

My car is in GM and having seena pic of a car with the Torque Drifts in the GM colour they really do look lovely.

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on a set or if any of the traders sell them.

Many thank,

Nath

Hi Nath,

We are a Rota dealer, I'll be happy to supply.

Rota do recommend though that you run a 18x9.5 +12 all round, as the staggered size (8.5" front) wheel wouldn't clear the Brembo's without a spacer - which is fine to run and we can supply if need be.

Best Regards,

Gaz

Not sure any of our current traders sell Rotas since the demise of ESR. Try Rarerims (not a trader on here) who IIRC are the official distributors - if they can't get what you want you'll have to import and I'd suggest http://www.wheeldude.com/wordpress/ .

The other alternative is using spacers to get the offsets right but I would always prefer to get the correct offset wheel if poss. CS (a trader) can do Eibach hubcentrics at good prices.

Great looking rims - I hope you get what you want. :)

Hi Nath,

Rota do recommend though that you run a 18x9.5 +12 all round, as the staggered size (8.5" front) wheel wouldn't clear the Brembo's without a spacer - which is fine to run and we can supply if need be.

Best Regards,

Gaz

Apologies, Gaz. Didn't realise Envy did these having seen some less than positive comments from Kev in the past. :blush:

Apologies, Gaz. Didn't realise Envy did these having seen some less than positive comments from Kev in the past. :blush:

No worries, at the end of the day we have to cater for all budgets. Rota aren't the best wheels in the world but for the price they are a good choice, theres plenty worse out there as we both know :)

No worries, at the end of the day we have to cater for all budgets. Rota aren't the best wheels in the world but for the price they are a good choice, theres plenty worse out there as we both know :)

Agreed - I'd run Rotas but I would post that on my350z.com! ;)

Hi Nath,

Best Regards,

Gaz

I don't agree this. I have same staggered setup and as you can see here is torque 18x8,5 in front with brembos, no spacers and I can sure that there is plenty of space to caliber.

9,5 to front is also okay, but i didn't want 255 or 265 tire and 245 is little bit narrow to 9,5" wheel.

For me Rota recommended this staggered setup.

Glad to see Rota are consistent :lol:

I suggest you go with JV-Z as at least you know he has the actual wheels on a Zed with Brembos so you know they fit :thumbs: I run Rota GTR in a 8.5F/9R and find it handles well.

I don't agree this. I have same staggered setup and as you can see here is torque 18x8,5 in front with brembos, no spacers and I can sure that there is plenty of space to caliber.

9,5 to front is also okay, but i didn't want 255 or 265 tire and 245 is little bit narrow to 9,5" wheel.

I'm only going by what Rota told me on Tuesday!

Is your front wheel the 18x8.5 +30 or +35?

Gaz

I'm only going by what Rota told me on Tuesday!

Is your front wheel the 18x8.5 +30 or +35?

Gaz

Front 18x8,5 et +25

Rear 18x9,5 et +28

Front 18x8,5 et +25

Rear 18x9,5 et +28

I see. Neither of these offsets are available anymore though - only only ones that are available in 18" are 18x8.5 + 30, 18x9.5 +12, 18x9.5 +30 & 18x9.5 +35.

Funny that I've been having a parallel PM discussion with Gaz about the same wheels.

Gaz, I have 20mm spacers all round at the moment. How would that affect your advice? :thumbs:

Hi Nath,

Best Regards,

Gaz

I'd prefer them in the staggered set up as i dont want to be buying huge tyres for the front too, do you supply them in various offsets? i'd like to not have to use spacers and get a similar look to the car in the pictures in my above post.

I'd prefer them in the staggered set up as i dont want to be buying huge tyres for the front too, do you supply them in various offsets? i'd like to not have to use spacers and get a similar look to the car in the pictures in my above post.

Hi Nathan,

As on the previous page, Rota now do not have the offsets available to have a staggered setup without using spacers unfortunately.

Gaz.

Ok, i'm now in a position where im ready to place the order.

I have spoken to a few places, Rare Rims have reccomended 18x8.5 et 35 front and 18x9.5 et 30 at the rear. Envy have said 18x8.5 et 30 (with spacer) front and 18x9.5 et 12 for the rear. To be honest Envy sound the better option as they will sit nearer the wheel arch which is what i want.

The only other dillema i have is wether to get the 9.5 on front too, the reason why i would prefer 8.5 is just for the cost of tyres, on the other hand the bigger dish that i would get from the 9.5's on the front would look better.... hmmm.

What does everyone think? any advice or opinions would be great.