This weeks mod is.......

Muddy

Looks good, but I have to question why you put it on my350z to get opinions on what they like, then go and spend your money on your car doing what they want?

Am i missing the whole point of modifying to make a car individual and how you like?

Sorry

Dan

Thanks Dan, but don't quite get your statement.

The American scene is by far more advanced than ours when it comes to modifing cars.

I'd like to think that I have built my current car based on my person dreams and ideas, something I'm very proud of, but in order to build a successful show car you need to listen to critisism and other peoples ideas/suggestions. It's fine having a show car that you like, but there's no point having it or even building it if no b*gger else likes it :p

To be honest the spacer thing was already part of the plans but I had just run out of money at the wrong time, hence why they have been added now.

It just so happens that the only critisism from the amercians was that it needed lowering and required spacing out a little, something that I wholeheartidly agreed with. And having now done it, totally agree with them. It's no different when I posted the car up for the first time here in the UK and everyman and his dog told me to get LED rear lights fitted :p LOL (I'll get these done over winter)

Now to have the amercians only critisise on the stance of the car is a pretty astonishing feat and makes me feel good that I have built a car that I love but a good portion of the population love too. :teeth:

Hope that explains my decisions :teeth:

Watch out next week for my next mod too....I think it might be a marmite mod

Muddy - the reasons for my comments is that time and again you see cars where people literally hand their credit card over to body shop/ supplier and just get the supplier to do it to how they want it. Obviously I dont know what the story is behind your car, and as I say the end result is very nice, i just hope its been built for the love of the car and not for the popularity contest that a 'show car' will no doubt bring.

Thanks Dan, but don't quite get your statement.

The American scene is by far more advanced than ours when it comes to modifing cars.

I'd like to think that I have built my current car based on my person dreams and ideas, something I'm very proud of, but in order to build a successful show car you need to listen to criticise and other peoples ideas/suggestions. It's fine having a show car that you like, but there's no point having it or even building it if no b*gger else likes it :p

To be honest the spacer thing was already part of the plans but I had just run out of money at the wrong time, hence why they have been added now.

It just so happens that the only criticise from the amercians was that it needed lowering and required spacing out a little, something that I wholeheartidly agreed with. And having now done it, totally agree with them. It's no different when I posted the car up for the first time here in the UK and everyman and his dog told me to get LED rear lights fitted :p LOL (I'll get these done over winter)

Now to have the amercians only criticise on the stance of the car is a pretty astonishing feat and makes me feel good that I have built a car that I love but a good portion of the population love too. :teeth:

I think I know what Dan is trying to say. Don't forget a lot of the people that are members of my350z, are extremely young and only just legal to drive if that. If you want good critism, post on zchickz.com. Gina's Zed "Black Widow" is about as fully blown as a show car gets, she always wins many trophies at shows, it's currently undergoing it's 3rd look, she might be a good one to ask for constructive critism. Don't forget that also in the US there is BIG sponsorship money for peoples cars. Or try on zfrenzy.com. Jeremy's bright green roadster is extremely progress in terms of mods, quite amazing and very well known as is Gina's.