Noob - Point me in the right direction...

craigy hardcore

Hi guys...

I've been a massive Honda Head for around 4 years now so everything I know is Honda Talk.... On my travels around the forum I've seen words such as Popcharger and Plenum Spacer.... can someone please translate this please lol...

I believe a Popcharger is an induction kit/filter of some sort and I think I may actually have one on my car now that I've seen a picture. Are there many different makes of Popcharger or is a Popcharger a device made by a company called Popcharger? I'll post a pic of my engine bay when I get home and you can let me know what I have..

as for Plenum Spacer I have no idea... can someone shed some light

Craig

And this is better than I could explain;

You will definitely feel this one. The stock plenum slopes down towards the front of the engine. Nissan designed this in order to clear the stock strut bar and hood on the 350Z (function after form). This sloping design restricts the airflow to the front cylinders, but an aftermarket plenum can help the front cylinders breathe. Aftermarket plenum spacers either increase the overall height or remove the downward slope in the design, allowing more volume and greater airflow to all cylinders. Higher airflow is needed to achieve more power.

Note: Some plenum spacers will cause you to loose the stock strut bar.

Oh my...

Lol, this is like reading dutch! So am I right in saying that a Plenum Spacer, Popcharger and a free flowing exhaust system is a good place to start modding my 350? Probably the same thing I'd of done with a civic really

Spot on craigy :D