Clicking rear

DrP

With the good weather and savouring the exhaust note with the window down, I've noted a clicking noise from the rear of the car when pulling away - probably the dreaded (and it seems common!) CV joint click!

Got it booked into my nearest dealer (Hammond in Halesworth) - never used them before - for an inspection next week. I mentioned this seemed to be a common fault (and now note there's a Technical Service Bulletin for this!) but the service guy hadn't heard of one :headhurt: I've found one link in the FAQ for US Infinitis - is this the right one?

Cheers!

DrP

With the good weather and savouring the exhaust note with the window down, I've noted a clicking noise from the rear of the car when pulling away - probably the dreaded (and it seems common!) CV joint click!

Got it booked into my nearest dealer (Hammond in Halesworth) - never used them before - for an inspection next week. I mentioned this seemed to be a common fault (and now note there's a Technical Service Bulletin for this!) but the service guy hadn't heard of one :headhurt: I've found one link in the FAQ for US Infinitis - is this the right one?

Cheers!

DrP

Had mine done today.

I've started to notice a clicking from the rear when pulling away. :thumbdown:

Dam thing, guess i'll be going to the dealer soon.....

Just had my clicking rear axles done under warranty. Had to wait four weeks for the parts to come though :thumbdown:

Just had my clicking rear axles done under warranty. Had to wait four weeks for the parts to come though :thumbdown:

Four weeks :angry: Thats a joke :headhurt:

Four weeks :angry: Thats a joke :headhurt:

They told me 2 and it took 4. I then had to wait 10 days till there was a day when I could bring my car and have a courtesy car!!! :angry::angry::rant:

You guys are not alone...

I just noticed the same sound the last few days. It comes especially at lower rpm in 2nd (downshifting to 2nd as well). I will go to the dealer and see if they can fix it asap as it bugs the hell out of me now....

Some people even asked me: 'whats that 'ticking' noise when you drive away'

I just noticed the same sound the last few days. It comes especially at lower rpm in 2nd (downshifting to 2nd as well). I will go to the dealer and see if they can fix it asap as it bugs the hell out of me now....

Thats not right!! To be fair I only noticed it with the window down :thumbdown:

Thats not right!! To be fair I only noticed it with the window down :thumbdown:

I found it was only noticeable in 1st/ reverse!!!!

I have just had my car in to sort out the clicking noise.

Took it to WLN and they were pretty good, a few hours to diagnose the problem, got the car back same day, took it in a week later once they had received the parts and another few hours before i collected again

Do make sure that you specify where the click is coming from, one downside was that WLN managed to cure the right side click but didnt notice the left (neither did i). So the car is back in next week, though atleast i will be getting an X-trail to mess around in as a courtesy car :D:thumbs:

Took it to WLN and they were pretty good, a few hours to diagnose the problem, got the car back same day, took it in a week later once they had received the parts and another few hours before i collected again

Do make sure that you specify where the click is coming from, one downside was that WLN managed to cure the right side click but didnt notice the left (neither did i). So the car is back in next week, though atleast i will be getting an X-trail to mess around in as a courtesy car :D:thumbs:

A few hours to diagnose the problem :headhurt: sorry mate but that's a joke :angry:

X trial, lucky bugger - Almera's the best Ive got :blush:

Well, a few hours from when i dropped the car off :)

I'm told that Nissan have a policy of only giving premium courtesy cars to 350z owners, their attitude was that 'you can have micra or note if yout want but policy is to give the x-trail'. Needless to say that i won't be driving around in the monstrosity that is the Micra :yahoo:

I'll be seeing what they say on Thursday - can't come too soon - mine is ticking like a bomb when pulling away :scare:. Perhaps I can negotiate their new 350Z demo for when I take it in to be repaired - NOT! :D

I'll be seeing what they say on Thursday - can't come too soon - mine is ticking like a bomb when pulling away :scare:. Perhaps I can negotiate their new 350Z demo for when I take it in to be repaired - NOT! :D

Just be happy to be given a car, fullstop. And be even happier to get it back in one piece :thumbs:

A few hours to diagnose the problem :headhurt: sorry mate but that's a joke :angry:

I took my car in yesterday as it too has the clicky CV joint. It tookthe mechanic less than 400 meters to discover the fault. Right side only. Its booked in for next wednesday for 2 days :wacko: Initially it was going to go in for 1 day so they could figure out which part they needed and then another day when they had the parts. For this they said they had stopped driving people around - but they would pay for a taxi one way and I had to make my own way for the other. Now when i drop my car off they are lending me a car , dont know what , and all i have to do is produce my driving license. Cool, dont have to scrounge lifts off mates... Wonder what it is..

I took my car in yesterday as it too has the clicky CV joint. It tookthe mechanic less than 400 meters to discover the fault. Right side only. Its booked in for next wednesday for 2 days :wacko: Initially it was going to go in for 1 day so they could figure out which part they needed and then another day when they had the parts. For this they said they had stopped driving people around - but they would pay for a taxi one way and I had to make my own way for the other. Now when i drop my car off they are lending me a car , dont know what , and all i have to do is produce my driving license. Cool, dont have to scrounge lifts off mates... Wonder what it is..

Probably something like this cos this is what I got: :angry::angry:

NissanNote001.jpg