Sky Insurance came up trumps!!!

Kings

A big thank you to Sky, just taken out a new policy with them, saved me over £200 on my current insurers renewal price. Didn't think it would have gone down nearly that much being 25.

Definately worth a go when your insurance is up for renewal.

700 and you're 21! That's pretty great :)

I pay about 900, I'm 28 with 10 years no claims and 3 points on liscense. That was the best I could get too after a fair bit of shopping around. I think it's because of my LS6 postcode though and not being garaged. Up for renewal soon though so hopefully I can knock it down a bit!

I pay about 900, I'm 28 with 10 years no claims and 3 points on liscense. That was the best I could get too after a fair bit of shopping around. I think it's because of my LS6 postcode though and not being garaged. Up for renewal soon though so hopefully I can knock it down a bit!

Woah, that sounds steep. I just turned 27 a few weeks ago and i only pay £400 fully comp with 8 years no claims. Are you declaring loads of mods or something?

Woah, that sounds steep. I just turned 27 a few weeks ago and i only pay £400 fully comp with 8 years no claims. Are you declaring loads of mods or something?

A lot of it depends on the cost of the car, I have 8yrs NCB and they couldn't get anywhere near my £900 Adrian Flux quote!!

i think your higher quote would be the 3 points, that makes a difference..

i actually got insured when i was 20, i've got 4 years no claims as i had a scooter for a year, a 13k car, import, 19000 miles, on the driveway, 25 k miles a year. that was 900 quid, renewal came thru at 800, but i said i'd pay for it instantly on the phone if they did me a deal, so they threw in business class 1, and made it 700, i was like chi ching...

i wanted to go with sky but they wouldnt insure me :( or it was like 3 k or somin, i cant remember..

if anyone wants to know who i'm with send me a pm. its a very popular company.

Unfortunate to hear some of you couldnt get a quote from Sky.

Danny just gave me a very competitive quote that I took up. From my experience, a great company to deal with :thumbs:

+1, Danny was the lad who dealt with me, top bloke :thumbs:

what a joke, i rang sky yesterday and they said they wounldnt insure me because im only 21?

Hi,

we cannot insure everyone and unfortunately our underwriters chose not to insure you on the vehicle due to your age. I am sure there are many, many other insurance comapnies who would not entertain an insurance quote for a 21 year old on a 350Z.

Kind regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

ollie,

the bit that gets to me is that i asked the guy on the phone if they would insure under 25's on a 350z as i was wasting time with lots of insurance companies. the guy put me on hold to check and said unfortunately you dont. then i come on here and people at 22 (which i am on sunday) are being quoted. surely you underwriters have the same rules for everybody?

Chris

ollie,

the bit that gets to me is that i asked the guy on the phone if they would insure under 25's on a 350z as i was wasting time with lots of insurance companies. the guy put me on hold to check and said unfortunately you dont. then i come on here and people at 22 (which i am on sunday) are being quoted. surely you underwriters have the same rules for everybody?

Chris

Hi Chris, it is almost impossible for me to comment, a couple of months ago we were strictly over 25's on 350Z's but this has been relaxed now and we look at each case on it's own merit. Without knowing your full details I am unable to say why we declined to quote you on the vehicle. I am not saying this is the case with you but say we had a 22 year year old with 4/5 years NCB and experience of driving a 350Z or similar then we would look to insure them. If we had a 24 year old with 1 years NCB and a dodgy postcode, we would not quote them. Insurance is all about the risk profile.

It is hard to explain but I hope that gives you more of an indication.

Thank you for trying us and please give us a try next year.

Ollie

Sky Insurance