Body Kit Painting and Fitting Costs

350Znismo

Well my new side skirts have arrived, also my rear lower valance wrap (West Wing) for my rear bumper.

The question is anyone got a guide price I should pay for painting and fitting. :scare::scare:

I also have a rear UK bumper to fit the lower valance too so the whole rear bumper will need painting.

• 4 weeks later...

my 06 has been rear ended!!!! the insurance company are being a nightmare and the so called approved repairer have had my car for over three weeks! i picked it up today, but the paint is crap and the fitting is also sh*t.... they said bring it back next week and they'll polish all the bits out that are stuck in the paint.....now im not that stupid and dont think the hundreds of bits of cr*p that are stuck into the paint will come out..... i just want my car back to its former self and will pay to get it done properly...........can anyone recommend someone that will lovingly do the job? i was maybe thinking of a big kit to go on instead...any ideas?

my 06 has been rear ended!!!! the insurance company are being a nightmare and the so called approved repairer have had my car for over three weeks! i picked it up today, but the paint is crap and the fitting is also sh*t.... they said bring it back next week and they'll polish all the bits out that are stuck in the paint.....now im not that stupid and dont think the hundreds of bits of cr*p that are stuck into the paint will come out..... i just want my car back to its former self and will pay to get it done properly...........can anyone recommend someone that will lovingly do the job? i was maybe thinking of a big kit to go on instead...any ideas?

I had the same thing with my last car which was an MR2 roadster. The "approved" repairer did a poor job... bits all in the paint, the bumper didnt fit properly, neither did the rear light cluster, areas on the bumper where not fully sprayed with paint.. and they got silver paint all over black plastic trim, their solution to this was to rub it down and spray it black. They had it 3 times to sort it out, and never put things right. In fact everytime they had it back they fcked something else up. In the end I took it to a place that wasnt an approved repairer and they did a top job. Makes you wonder how on earth some of these places get to be an approved repairer... I would imagine it all comes down to price rather than quality of the workmanship. :thumbdown:

Overall it took from March to Nov/Dec to sort it all out.. and the damage to the car was only minor

im thinking of buying the Nismo kit off ebay and taking the car to Middlehurst to get it fitted and for them to sort the paint out.....at least i think it will get done properly? any thoughts?

I think it works out a lot cheaper to import the kit from the states :thumbs:

Try:

leeauto.com

:D

thanx guys..........i'll look into it some more, but the one off ebay is apparently genuine Nismo, in boxs from Middlehurst Motorsport who are a Nissan dealer

That gear should be genuine stuff! If your prepared to pay them £1900 for it, go for it. Just beware that that price will be just for the kit. add to that painting and fitting etc = $$$$$$$$$$$$ :scare:

If you want a good place near you then try Xquisite Automotive and speak to K and tell him I sent you. Does awesome work and my car will be going in there in the next couple of weeks and he's only in West Molesey (Near Hampton Court) so not a million miles from you.