OK to use wash & wax before a polish?

albo

Is it OK to use a car shapoo that has built in wax (wash n wax) before a polish n wax, or does the wax in the shampoo interfere with the polishing?

There will be so little wax in the wash and wax, it wont make a difference, the polish will cut straight through it (if the polish is a true abrasive). Ideally, you would use something that will cut through wax to wash before a polish, like something with citrus in. This would mean the polish is working straight on the paint. All you are doing with wash and wax is making the polish break down the wax before it gets to the paint :)

Cool, thanks all. Polish is Autoglym super resin polish. I got an electric polisher, although its a cheapo one from woolworths. I'll give it a bash n see.

I use the same polish and get good results and same its an RAC one or RAC approved something like that :lol:

Super resin is quite shiny but you don't half get a lot of white powder! Best done on a breezy day to stop it looking like the car is covered in flour!

Yer i know! - Time to break out my feather duster.... :teeth:

I'd consider buying a slightly different polish than SRP on a polisher. Try some of the Poorboys or Chemical guys stuff or contact one of the detailing traders on here for advice. :)

Super resin is quite shiny but you don't half get a lot of white powder! Best done on a breezy day to stop it looking like the car is covered in flour!

Yeh that winds me up a treat :lol: but I found that just a clean cotton cloth does the job of getting it off.

I'd consider buying a slightly different polish than SRP on a polisher. Try some of the Poorboys or Chemical guys stuff or contact one of the detailing traders on here for advice. :)

If looking for correction, I agree, but it just trying to get a good finish after a corection, I find SRP is great for burnishing the paint. It only has a slight cut, but most importantly fillers. On a car like mine with a few swirls left, it leaves a lovely finish with a bit of filling :thumbs:

Very dusty though, but can be aided with a quick spritz of QD :)