Were there model Changes in 2005??

cpk

I'm looking for some advice from people in the know!

I'm currently looking for a Z, and have been looking for ages for the right one at the right price.

Anyway, I've noticed two 54 plates and there are subtle differences, different rear lights, different front lights and different coloured front reflectors.

Could anyone let me know if there were any changes around 2005 that would explain these differences!?

Cheers

Any cosmetic changes you have seen are modifications by the owner. There is no difference in appearance between 2004 and 2005 models. I went for the 2005 model because Nissan was supposed to have ironed out a few of the earlier "common problems", but looks wise they are the exactly same. My car, totally stock got ~280bhp and ~290 lbs/ft (very welcome surprise with how much torque it has) on GT Art's reliable dyno. The standard MY2006 model has approx 296bhp but fair bit less torque of around 260lbs/ft but a few modifications with a lower (MREV2) and upper plenum spacer will see you get similar torque figures to the MY2005 or earlier. Downside is the 2006 model has a reported oil consumption issue which put me off personally but it was only a few affected, most are fine. If it was my money I'd get as newer car as poss. You can get the latest 2007/8 models for 17/18k.

Thanks for the responses. Could be the previous owner then...

You mention that 2005 models ironed out some of the previous problems. Do you know what month in 05 that these "more reliable" cars were produced from?

Cheers