Headlight Washers Question

Grantmitchell

Ok picked up the Z and love it :D Quick question for you guys though, I did a forum search and I think I know the answer but just want some confirmation.

Being a bloke I didnt read the manual initially but looked through it for some info on the phone kit, and noticed a bit about the headlight washers so ran outside to test them, and found a problem. Put the lights on and hit the button and I can hear a pump running and looking at the front of the car the flaps try and move out but there is no water jet. Do the jets use the same reservoir as the windscreen wipers? Are the jets powered or is it the force of the water that should push them out?? Previous car was a Mini and that had a seperate reservoir for the headlight washers and the washers were electrically driven but I couldnt find another reservoir on the Z. I can manually pull the jets out but doesnt appear to have been any water coming out of them.

Any advice greatly appreciated :thumbs: