BUYING A USED 350Z

Hi guys,

I am currently interested in buying a used 350z, and would like to know what you guys can advise.

The budget is between 16,000 - 20,000 pounds max.

From researching into the car I would want to purchase the later 2007 onwards model due to its 80% rebuild on the engine, no more than 20,000 thousand miles on the clock, GT pack (Sat Nav), good set of alloys (Rays, gt4), Nismo body kit(V1), Nismo exhaust and in black.

The ideal car was on pistonheads the other week, but a little exspensive considering it was in Ireland:-

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... 8%26um%3D1

So my question would be :-

Wait until another used 350z (2007+) (nismo bodykit etc) as above, comes on the market ?

Or Look for a 350z (2007+) with GT pack and black, then source the Nismo Bodykit and exhaust ?

As its been a month already, I have found the 350z Nismo seems to be rare and also hard to get hold of the bodyKit (V1) and the exhaust, what would you guys do ? - Im not in a rush, but having given my bmw to my fiancee, the little pug 206 is just not doing it for me :(

Look forward to your responses

G

You can get a good replica of the kit from CS or EPRacing.

ZMANALEX can sometimes get VERY well priced genuine kits.....

Nismo exhausts are currently about £1400 with Adam@Z1 being a good supplier of these.

20k should easily see you in 313 Zed.

Welcome by the way.

I've moved this to intros.

Thanks for the Welcome :)

So I guess buying the car and getting the exhaust and bodykit after would be the best option due to the used 350z nismo car being a rare one to find. Do you think this works out cheaper also ?

Hhhmmmm, I wonder if the bodykit comes sprayed, could be a nightmare to sort out.

Welcome to forum. There are traders on here that would be able to easily supply you with the nismo v1 kit. However the nismo zorst is a hard part to source, it is also very expensive lol. If you see an 07 zed that you like, i would say go for it and then buy a kit to put on it :)

Thanks for the Welcome :)

So I guess buying the car and getting the exhaust and bodykit after would be the best option due to the used 350z nismo car being a rare one to find. Do you think this works out cheaper also ?

Hhhmmmm, I wonder if the bodykit comes sprayed, could be a nightmare to sort out.

I doubt it'd be cheaper but a lot easier. The kit won't come painted however any decent bodyshop would sort it out.

There are very good quality replica Nismo V1 kits available by Shine Auto - I think the full kit (rear wing, rear spats, side skirts and front bumper) cost around the £1k mark (if you wanted genuine Nismo goods, it would probably be almost double this and I am unsure if they still do them) The shine auto parts are pretty much exactly the same fitting and style as the Nismo, except the material is different (some say its better since its slightly more felixible). Then you're probably looking at around £900 for fitting and painting on top. TBH - You probably won't know the difference between the Nismo and Shine versions and a few people have them on from this forum and seem to have no problems.

The Nismo exhaust was around £800, but thanks to the credit crunch this is now around £1400 due to the rate of the Yen (it doubt very much it'll return back to the more realistic price for a good time yet unfortunately).

There are a few traders on here than can give you exact quotes, but this is what I have been quoted recently.

Hope this helps. :)

Ok so of my head, source a 350z (313) full GT pack for around 17,000 pounds, then allow about 1000 for nismo exhaust (Nismo Catback exhaust is fine - just give it that slightly better sound) and 2000 for body kit (ideally nismo and paint sprayed/fitted)

please correct me if im wrong - the cheaper the better :)

Ok so of my head, source a 350z (313) full GT pack for around 17,000 pounds, then allow about 1000 for nismo exhaust (Nismo Catback exhaust is fine - just give it that slightly better sound) and 2000 for body kit (ideally nismo and paint sprayed/fitted)

There are loads of other exhausts out there though..... Get on you tube for a listen 5zigen is popular and good value. Very nice sounding too.

Pretty much - I would budget £17k for the car (it'll probably be a late 06 - 07 car for a very good one) and then have around £3-3.5k for all the kit and exhaust if you want a rough target. :)

I've researched beyond belief about zeds and the general consensus if it's not the year that really matters its the quality of them that counts. The engine sizes make a tiny bit of difference (although not justifiable to spent extra thousands on if you don't already have it). The main different is the 06+ reg face lift that has some minor changes (detailed in the FAQ section). Again, its all about quality with zeds rather than "who has the biggest and fastest engine".

There isn't much you can do with them in terms of power gains unless you have a lot of dough if your modding. Its a car from the theatre that suits it purpose - a great cruiser that can switch to sporty mode with your right foot with an even better noise! :thumbs:

tbh im a bit pickey when it comes to moding a car, not really into the maxpower look and sound. I have found that the Nismo V1 bodykit looks perfect on the car and not over the top. The Nismo Exhaust (catback) also just makes it slightly better sound, not over the top.

tbh im a bit pickey when it comes to moding a car, not really into the maxpower look and sound. I have found that the Nismo V1 bodykit looks perfect on the car and not over the top. The Nismo Exhaust (catback) also just makes it slightly better sound, not over the top.

That's fine. I love the Nismo kit. It's a cracking kit for the Zed.

As for the exhausts, I was just offering an alternative at half the cost....

The Nismo does sound good!