19's fitment differences

hotrain69

hello guys,

am sorry if this has most probably been covered before.

but just wanted to check what difference it makes for 19'' wheels if they are 8.5f/9.5r and 9f/10r. how does the width affect things? is this different to offsets?

thanks.

It all depends on how wide you want your tyres to be!

And what offset they are. The offset on one might suit the Zed better than the other ;)

well i'm only looking at the moment. from what i've read i'll be hoping to get a set with 20 offset. so that i dont need spacers. i hear rarerims are going to be doing the rota gtrs in 19s soon. so i wanted to get them. but not sure whether should go for 8.5f/9.5r or 9f/10r if the options are available. how do i choose between the two?

Preferably speak to people that run them already or find a relaiable trader that knows their stuff that can offer advise. I have the GTR's in 8.5f/9.5r (18s) and they are spot on. Turn in is a little slower than the Rays but more stable on the other hand. 9f/10r will be even more stable but you will trade off some turn in and agility. Also remember the wider tyres will cost more ;)

Depends how you want the wheel to look.

mine are 19x9 front 19x10 rear ET 20, which is IMO perfect, fills the archs but no rubbing.

if you went 8.5/9.5 id look for ET17 to fill it out, if 9.5/10.5 then go ET23, thiat way any of the 3 widths will sit similarly on the car.

Preferably speak to people that run them already or find a relaiable trader that knows their stuff that can offer advise. I have the GTR's in 8.5f/9.5r (18s) and they are spot on. Turn in is a little slower than the Rays but more stable on the other hand. 9f/10r will be even more stable but you will trade off some turn in and agility. Also remember the wider tyres will cost more ;)

neither should give any problems with speedo right? i wasnt sure if the widths made a difference to how they sat in the wheel arch, i'm guessing that's just dictated by the offsets?

have to say, i do like the rota gtrs. 19s would be perfect as well

It all depends on how wide you want your tyres to be!

And what offset they are. The offset on one might suit the Zed better than the other ;)

well i'm only looking at the moment. from what i've read i'll be hoping to get a set with 20 offset. so that i dont need spacers. i hear rarerims are going to be doing the rota gtrs in 19s soon. so i wanted to get them. but not sure whether should go for 8.5f/9.5r or 9f/10r if the options are available. how do i choose between the two?

Doesn't make much difference TBH. I'd recommend 245/35 front and 275/35 rear tyres and they will fit both.

mine are 19x9 front 19x10 rear ET 20, which is IMO perfect, fills the archs but no rubbing.

if you went 8.5/9.5 id look for ET17 to fill it out, if 9.5/10.5 then go ET23, thiat way any of the 3 widths will sit similarly on the car.

that's answered the question about sitting in wheel arch then :thumbs:

that's answered the question about sitting in wheel arch then :thumbs:

Indeed. I would get the trader to confirm that they wont rub though. Adrians were pretty close ;)

Mine are no problem chris, its lowered on eibachs, and they've not had a single touch since they were fitted and ive done several thousand miles now in that time!

They do get MIGHTY close tho, thus why i would get a slightly more conservative offset if i was getting wider wheels then i have.

rubbing or not rubbing is dependant upon many factors

1. the exact tire - a 275/35/ from one brand and a 275/35 from another do not necessarily share the same physical dimensions. Works just like shirts - 2 larges from 2 different stores are not the same

2. your alignment - Z's come with a factory acceptable range. Not all are the same.

3. your rideheight

everyone has a different idea of what "fills the arches" means, and these are all dependant upon the above 3 factors. My car has 19x9 +19, 19x10 +14 - 265/30/19 front, 285/30/19 rear RE050 (fairly full running tires for their widths) - I could still go with a bit more (I'd say another 5-7mm up front and about the same out back). My rear fenders are rolled, but I don't want it to sit past the quarter panel (not a fan of the looks). Next set of tires will likely be R888's, using a 295 out back to fill things out better