Tyre feathering / ESP warning lights

H5

Considering it's a Datsun, the price of the part to fix my problem could buy a mid 90's dream machine.....

Apparently my wheel alignment sensor is sick causing the system to switch off. A cool £571 for replacement (warranty luckily) and will need to go back in to be fitted. As for the tyres, it's probably down to an impact with a kerb at some point knocking the alignment out. :doh:

Off to find tyres now, and collect it from the dealer.

Have to say they've been pretty helpful and quite a good service so far..... :thumbs:

Considering it's a Datsun, the price of the part to fix my problem could buy a mid 90's dream machine.....

Apparently my wheel alignment sensor is sick causing the system to switch off. A cool £571 for replacement (warranty luckily) and will need to go back in to be fitted. As for the tyres, it's probably down to an impact with a kerb at some point knocking the alignment out. :doh:

Off to find tyres now, and collect it from the dealer.

Have to say they've been pretty helpful and quite a good service so far..... :thumbs:

Wait till you get your car back before you assess their service. Mine are complete numpties. :rant:

Well I've just got it back and it's a bit of a shocker - they've even hoovered it out for me.

All very pleasant and helpful. They even graced my key with a classy Dan Perkins keyring. B)

Just got to wait for Nissan to approve the warranty work and it can be booked in to be fixed.......

Well I've just got it back and it's a bit of a shocker - they've even hoovered it out for me.

All very pleasant and helpful. They even graced my key with a classy Dan Perkins keyring. B)

Just got to wait for Nissan to approve the warranty work and it can be booked in to be fixed.......

Maybe they are feeling guilty about something...... :p

Dan Perkins we salute you :D

Don't go to Westway Birmingham :rant:

I'll steer clear, here's hoping they stay useful!

Does the traction control have a habit of grabbing a front wheel and seemingly unnecessary times?? Couple of times I've been going into a corner and it's done it (not sure if it's because of this problem of something it does?) and it seems like a pretty low traction point for the car to be understeering!

:yahoo: Just got the news from my local dealer that Nissan will replace my front tyres (feathered) on my (s/h) 2004Z that has done 17.5k miles. As others have found, it hasn't been easy to get this result.

It required a 4 wheel tracking check and as my local Nissan dealers in Surrey did not have the equipment to provide the printed geometry results that Nissan required I got it carried out by Merityres in Leatherhead - a great bunch of guys who had real interest in the car. (Some adjustments are needed to the geometry when the car goes in to have its new front boots). All I need to do now is save up for the replacement rears and it is certainly given me comfort about keeping the car longer.

I was told at one stage that if the car had done more than 19k miles then Nissan may not pay up (or in full?)

:secret: On a separate subject I gather from Nissan GB that they have logged numerous requests for phone cradles (or bluetooth connectivity that can use the in-car system). I got the impression that the more complaints received about the need to upgrade the phone system the better chance of something being done, so if you are also frustrated get onto Nissan GB. Not even the new 350Z is equipped - can't be helping their sales and certainly dosen't encourage me to splash out.

Right, all the work was done yesterday, and I'd say I'm 90% happy with the experience.

Firstly, they arranged for an almost like for like courtesy car in the shape of a Micra S. If Lego ever had any input to building a car, this is it.

They replaced the wheel alignment sensor which required pulling the dash apart and steering wheel off to fit, and they seem to have put it back together pretty well, no squeaks or rattles. :)

However, they seem to have put the steering wheel on at a bit of an angle which is a little annoying. :thumbdown:

They did hoover it all out and cleaned it, even blacked the tyres. :thumbs:

But they'd reset all the electronics and computer settings etc. :thumbdown:

They couldn't do the wheel alignment but sent me down the road to a tricky little independent place that have a 4 wheel alignment machine. Best of all, it has a database in this thing that has all the different manufacturer geomoetries etc. stored so they know exactly where to go (might be standard but I was impressed!). They took great care and gave me a nice before and after print out. The difference in ride is quite a lot more than I was expecting. It feels a lot more solid on the road and slightly less road noise. I'd recommend it! :thumbs:

Last point, £178 for rear brake pads....... Help!!!

rear brake pads: madness!

even if you are a complete mong (which I'm sure you aren't! :lol:) you can change them yourself!!!! buy a better set @ ~£60 and an hour of your time, sorted! nice diy guide i the guides forum too mate

Thanks for the advice, have been reading that guide and reckon it's easy enough. Guess I need to read up on the red stuff / green stuff / yellow stuff discussions now.....

Just realised two other points from the service.......

Steering wheel put on at the wrong angle is worse than I thought :thumbdown:

And the instrument dials don't dim when I turn the lights on at the moment. Back again! :thumbdown:

I take it back :shutup: