mpg - 12 month data

ALT

Shown below is just over 12 months of mpg data calculated from the odometer reading and the number of litres added at each fill up. Averaging at 25.1mpg. I seem to be getting lower values recently - perhaps my right foot is getting heavier ;)

350zcalcmpg-May2009.jpg

Your car computer will do that for you though...? As long as you don't reset it or disconnect the bat for long.

Think ours is sitting at 24-25mpg and has been for the three years we've had it.

Well I'm glad you mentioned that because I have been tracking the trip computer data as well. It tracks the calculated mpg very closely, thus suggesting it is quite accurate.

350zcalcvsmeasmpg-May2009.jpg

On a far less sophisticated level, my car reads an average of 30.4 mpg over the albeit brief time of ownership (just over a month).

Interestingly, I did a return trip to London yesterday (about 300 miles) and it registered 34.6 mpg.

I can certainly live with 30+ mpg - a bit of a difference from my previous car though - a 1.4 TDCi Fiesta!

Have you experienced any difference when using unleaded / super unleaded juice?

I definately have. Using Tesco 99RON over their normal stuff, I see more than the extra cost returned in better MPG. I think last time I measured it, 99RON was 1p a mile cheaper than the 95RON stuff, which is more than enough to keep me going there! I have also noticed that when I fill up with BP Ultimax or whatever it is these days, I get slightly more, but not enough to cover the 4-5p/l more it is to buy :thumbs:

Shown below is just over 12 months of mpg data calculated from the odometer reading and the number of litres added at each fill up. Averaging at 25.1mpg. I seem to be getting lower values recently - perhaps my right foot is getting heavier ;)

It could be interesting to know when the car was serviced and if that made any difference to the figures.

Nice work. :thumbs:

I definately have. Using Tesco 99RON over their normal stuff, I see more than the extra cost returned in better MPG. I think last time I measured it, 99RON was 1p a mile cheaper than the 95RON stuff, which is more than enough to keep me going there! I have also noticed that when I fill up with BP Ultimax or whatever it is these days, I get slightly more, but not enough to cover the 4-5p/l more it is to buy :thumbs:

+1 Had the Zed 4 years used 95ron fuel until I joined here then as recommended I switched to Shell Optimax, I've never reset the computer and the average has gone up by about 2mpg since i switched.

It could be interesting to know when the car was serviced and if that made any difference to the figures.

Nice work. :thumbs:

It was last serviced in the middle of March. So a bit too recent to make a useful comparison.

Like everyone else, I find the long motorway trips do a lot better than the short windy trips. In fact there is a strong relationship between the recorded average speed and the recorded mpg...

350zmpgvsavspeed-May2009.jpg

Just noticed that if I extrapolate the line I get something interesting. If I drive around at 150 mph, I should be able to get 49 to the gallon.

:lol::lol::lol:

350zmpgvsavspeedextrapolated-May200.jpg

You can prove anything with statistics :teeth:

I don't think you guys are driving your zeds properly :p i'm getting a consistant 19mpg lol.
i've been getting 23 mpg for about a year now! can never get it better than that.

Its certainly more fun the closer you get to 20 mpg. :lol: