Getting ready for the summer!!!!

shire350Z

just dropped the car off at the garage for a P1 service including spark plug change, antifreeze and a full overhaul on the brakes!!!! New brake fluid, lines, pads and discs front and rear so should have some real stopping power!!(anyone know the bedding in procedure, thanks) :D

Pictures will follow!!!

Also having the carbon mirror covers fitted while its in the garage save me a job (lazy i know)

Had the bells sprayed on the discs to a dark antracite colour which they'v made a really nice job off and should make them stand out that little more and repel the rust!!!

Then a full detail from Mr. Mudd this sunday and then she'l be locked in the garage so i can get to grips cleaning the engine bay up and fitting the grounding kit until the following friday morning, when ill be setting off for wales!!!! :teeth:

Only downpoint, iv never sorted out my catch tank which i was hoping to get on before wales :thumbdown:

Thanks to CS and Opie oils for some of the parts and products :thumbs:

not at all buddy!!!! heard some people say you need to do it to stop them squealing and others said they never needed to!!! do i take it its same for all brake pads?!!! cant see nissan tellin you, you need to do this when they'v fitted new pads/discs!!!

O also forgot to thank sarah (chilli) for the orange washer set which will also be going on this saturday, any more news sarah on what i was pm-ing you about ;)

You really have to bed in new pads/discs.

When we used to dyno/track test them it made a huge difference in performance having the pads and discs bedded in as opposed to not and the differences were not just at the start of pad/disc life but extended well into their lifetime. Getting the pad/disc interface right isn't difficult but needs to be done carefully so that you get the best out of them. If you don't bed them in every set of pads or discs you fit to the car can act differently depending on their initial use rather than having them pretty much the same every time.

When we had to do a trial on pads that we did not have time to bed in properly (usually track testing) then we would scortch the pad surface on a hotplate to burn off the surface resins before fitting. This would minimise the potential for glazing of the pad surface and disc surface deposits but it's not recommended for the road.

think the tints were about £80 quid now cant remember si as i had it done the morning before i travelled to wales!

picked the car up today feels great :teeth:

left the Z air vents to be sprayed also ill get some pics up tommorrow after detail