Laguna's wondering if the Utec GB will ever happen

laguna seca

this utec thread has been running a long time now. do you think that it's going to happen or not.i think not this Jermaine has got you running round in circle's. he's clearly not interested in helping the uk 350 owners.if i were you i would be thinking of another approach.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this utec thread has been running a long time now. do you think that it's going to happen or not.i think not this Jermaine has got you running round in circle's. he's clearly not interested in helping the uk 350 owners.if i were you i would be thinking of another approach.

fair comment mate. I was speaking to Adam from Z1auto just before, they are mates and not even he's managed to get hold of him in the last month or so, he's basically snowed under sh*tloads of work. I've already stated that if he lets us down this time I'm giving up in making him come here and we might just get the UTEC on a group buy from either Sharif or Adam and do like the Italians, get a willing tuner to install and map it and have some guinea pig cars... hopefully not.

PS the thread has gone a long time as we hadn't found enough cars until just a while ago :bleh:

PPS what do you care anyway? aren't you selling your Z? ;)

Now now gentlemen.... :bangin: LOL.

It is a shame that the UK Z community appears to be being let down here - perhaps things may change.

If the Italians have already gone down the "guinea pig" route, perhaps we could learn from their experience? Would one of the Italian tuners be prepared to work with a UK tuning outfit to bring this to good old blighty?

I have about as much knowledge about this gadget/gizmo and the whole tuning market as you could fit on the back of a postage stamp, so I may be talking out of my backside though?:wacko:

you are right Chris, although the Italian spent MUCH more than our deal, so that's the issue that keeps me trying to get the stuff from Jermaine himself :)

Tuning wise, again this would be really the best option as in the US tuners' circles he is well known and respected, plus working for TurboXS themselves, you really can't beat the level of tuning they could give you, for that price too!

As I sd, let's see how it pans out, I'll try and ring him tonight again, and keep fingers crossed

Valerio,

How much did you guys get offered with the group buy price?! I am not trying to rip anyone here or get anyone's biz... but utec is from Australia... and to my memory, the group buy is around 1400 to 1500 AUD or so locally here (cannot remember the exact price for the group buy earlier)... if it is going too slowly there, do you need me to help out here?

cheers,

richie

Ehm Richie we are getting Jermaine who works @ TurboXS to come over and install and tune our cars as well as just giving us units for those who'll do the work themselves.

Units are $700US including remote switch selectora dn Map sensor for the FI cars and Jermaine is charging us £100 each car for installation and tuning, which is cheap enough in my books :)

PS I'm sure TurboXS is american??

• 2 weeks later...

George,

I think Valerio is correct... USD700 is a real good deal with the tune and the remote switching map ability though... and I hate to intercept anyone's deal, I didn't know Jermaine from utec is already handling that, sorry mate!...

You should really get into this group buy too... utec is really a good stand alone and it is very hard to come by with a good deal!!! :thumbs:

Really wish I had my motec with such a deal back then 1.5 years ago.. :(

cheers,

richie

$700US is a good deal.

I was in on this deal,but the group buy ain't on anymore.

Now that the technical difficulties have been solved Im trying to get one from Jermaine (at GB price) but ' just keeping my options open!

Cheers

George

$700US is a good deal.

I was in on this deal,but the group buy ain't on anymore.

Now that the technical difficulties have been solved Im trying to get one from Jermaine (at GB price) but ' just keeping my options open!

Cheers

George

Richie - might be time 2 muscle in :thumbs:

Liam,

Sorry that I couldn't hold the CF switch covers for you as i haven't got any reply back from ya for a few days (if that's you after the cf swich cover)!

So the GB is off??? I am not too sure what I can though, I cannot promise anything as US700 with tuning and the remote map switching ability sounds so cheap, I would imagine only official utec dealers can do that sort of deal... and also the tuning might be an issue to me too as I will not be able to tune each car in the UK... :blush:

cheers,

richie

Liam,

Sorry that I couldn't hold the CF switch covers for you as i haven't got any reply back from ya for a few days (if that's you after the cf swich cover)!

So the GB is off??? I am not too sure what I can though, I cannot promise anything as US700 with tuning and the remote map switching ability sounds so cheap, I would imagine only official utec dealers can do that sort of deal... and also the tuning might be an issue to me too as I will not be able to tune each car in the UK... :blush:

cheers,

richie

Not me Richie, Sarnie :)

Liam,

cheers,

richie

Im just after a unit+map switch Ritchie.

I'll be DIY tuning with the help of Audible and others on the my350 board.

You have PM

If I experience first hand what it means NOT to be kept informed whatsoever about the goings on, and having to

1- rack up a sizeable phone bill to help Jermaine & Co. get a foothold in the biggest 350Z european market, where really there's little alternative to his product

2- try and not to **** off TDi with all these date changes, that if weren't discovered thanks to my phone calls and not their initiative, WOULDN'T have been communicated to me at all

3- waste quite a bit of time trying to organise all this on the basis of only US reports about a product which I haven't even seen myself...

...then I think I have the right to do what I like with the bridges ;)

PS I am conviced the UTEC is a great product, it's Jermaine @ Co. that won't get neither my business nor my help to get to the UK :dry:

Guest prescience
Might have been better to hand the deal over to someone else rather than just deciding on behalf of everyone, though.;)

That's a bit unfair; it has been clear for some time that Val was getting hacked off trying to sort this. The time to stump up any say, 'Look mate, I'll move things forward if you like ....' was then IMO :)

I have made my own arrangements on this one, as I had a feeling it wouldnt come off.

But, I know other people are still interested in continuing with a 'group buy', I just think it would have been better to ask other members who were in this, how they wanted to progress it, and if someone wanted to take over. Rather than sending the rattle out of the pram on the my350z board.

:)

Guest prescience

I'm glad you have got yourself sorted. From a personal perspective, I was going ahead primarily on the basis that it was such a good deal. From a technical standpoint, the SplitSec box has proven itself time and again to be very capable of controlling the Vortech, and to delivering much more power, albeit in the hands of an experienced tuner. On which note, I shall probably only move over to the UTEC once there is identified a tuner suitably capable and experienced with that unit.

Please keep us (or me) posted on how you progress in that area. :)

I can sort of understand g's and baptist's points of view since they were not interested in the tuning aspect of it. Nothing stops you guys to try and get hold of jermaine and go ahead with this if you like. On your own accord, and DEFINITELY not in any way connected to neither myself OR this website. Good luck with that.

You have to understand that the original great price was based on the fact that he would come over, get the cars tuned, GET PAID, have a day or two on a dyno FROM ANOTHER COMPANY (that got messed around far too much to even think of having a third go at it) so since I started the group buy, I had any right to make my own decisions on how to go any further, or pull the plug. Not only that, but let people know how we definitely were his last priority. I suggest you guys go re-read the UTEC thread to see how many times you got pi**ed off by the non-communication with Jermaine, whether through me or when you tried it yourselves.

With regards to my post on my350Z, it's only fair that members over there know how TXS treated us (and the Italian guys) with regards to even have the courtesy of letting us know what was going on, knowing full well that during the first cancellation, there were TWO other tuning companies involved with days booked and possible loss of revenue due to our cancellations, due to TXS fault. This and the attitude of "not really being bothered" about the whole affair, when it was them who suggested they would come over (when they understood there was a market for it...not just to be good samaritan tuners btw) and lastly the fact that they couldn't even give me a firm date on when the issue would be resolved, were the main factors that prompted me to call off the deal. To be honest I (in this case representing this website and as a Z owner) would rather stay in TDi good books (they are a proven, well thought of UK based tuning company) than wait for these guys to ever show up ad possibly **** off another couple of UK tuners once I had to keep cancelling the dyno tuning days.

The deal was great, the UTEC is a good midrange EMS, the company was not so great with regards to dealing with a possible new market. What do you think TDi would think about them, if they had been interested in distributing/using the UTEC in the UK? Surely you would not want to have a supplier that behaves the way thay have during this whole GB attempt.

With regards to passing the buck to someone else, again not really an option, as you bap and G were only interested in the units and not the install/tuning, which was the whole point of this in the first place. Plus it's not really something that has ever been up for discussion or negotiation really. I set it up, I can call it off. If you don't like my reasons for it, you are more than welcome to try and sort a group buy yourselves :)