Fitted EBC Discs and pads

Zazur

Impressions about braking power, feel, noise, squealing ASAP!

I have only bedded in the discs and pads today.

Braking power seems much improved over my std non brembo set up.

Feel's good and responsive.

Is making some rubbing noises at the moment but only done today.

Yes some squealing when you touch the brake but then goes.

Maybe the squealing and rubbing will go in a couple of days.

Impressions about braking power, feel, noise, squealing ASAP!

I've been running ECB Yellow's on the front for about 14 months or so. Good as gold. They're not a noisy pad at all (they were properly bedded in), responsive. Slightly less brake dust that stock pads and cheaper. This is conjunction with the DBA slotteds my Zed is running all round.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice! You are welcome to comment again after the bedding in!

Well I have now done 1,000 miles since fitting them and the noise is :bang: .

All the time while :drive1 a scraping, scoring noise is present and gets alot louder (if that is possible) when I brake

:wacko:

Does anyone know if the yellow EBC pads are noisey pads or is something wrong. :bangin:

Fatalus, the braking performance is very good :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i just recieved a set of ebc discs through the post todays and it has a mini guide to changing discs on the back. one part mentioned about measuring the rotation using a specific tool, (cant remember the name) and if it was out then take the disc off and rotate it to the next bolt, not sure if this could be an issue or not, also if you have been braking heavily then you could have warped your discs.

Used any coppergrease on the pads? (might be a factor, I dunno)

try some coppergrease. If he had warped the pads when braking the steering wheel would shake. Is it all the time as in my experience all good performance pads hate being driven round town and braking at slow speeds 20mph and less they squek when the do that.

Yes guy's I have used copper grease and the front pads still make a lot of noise when the peddal is lightly touched or pushed hard and also the ticking noise is still very loud.

I have now rotated the discs through every hole and this has made no difference to the ticking noise or the braking noise :bang:

I have just fitted the new discs on the rear and all is ok at the back just the front is the problem, the crickets are with me on every trip now (well that's what the ticking noise sounds like) :wacko:

Yes guy's I have used copper grease and the front pads still make a lot of noise when the peddal is lightly touched or pushed hard and also the ticking noise is still very loud.

I have now rotated the discs through every hole and this has made no difference to the ticking noise or the braking noise :bang:

I have just fitted the new discs on the rear and all is ok at the back just the front is the problem, the crickets are with me on every trip now (well that's what the ticking noise sounds like) :wacko:

not a stone stuck in the caliper?

not a stone stuck in the caliper?

Caliper appears to be working ok :wacko:

My mate had this problem thats why I ask. braking was fine but there was a squeeling and rubbing noise all the time. Rac man said to reverse the car fast and the stone flew out. Very rare though.

I have an idea Zazur that might help.

When I visited Sally and Steve at Melton Tyre and Exhausts, Steves mate came along in his Corsa VXR.

He said he had a squealing problem with his brakes and that the pads weren't even worn down.

Steve then suggested to put it on the ramps and he'd have a look.

He removed the wheel (front) and removed a brakepad to examine it.

He then noted that the area on the pad that comes in contact with the carrier was dry and needed some coppergrease on it, and also the same area on the carrier too.

Reason for this is that where the pad and carrier contact, there is slight movement, and if there is no coppergrease there, it's metal grinding on metal, thus making a squealing sound.

He greased teh contact areas on all four corners and Owen took the car out for a spin. Returned with a smile on his face as the squealing had gone.

Maybe this is worth trying. You might be able to see where the contacy areas are as they should be shiny because no grease is there.

hope this helps