Front numberplate holder removal

Jacko

Guys,

I realise that this may be a stupid question (yes another one :blush: ), but how easy is it to remove the whole black front numberplate holder?

I need to remove it as going to be fitting a grilltech front (that I bought off Tim).

Looks like to get it right against the grill fins, I have to take off the black plastic holder for the number plate. On my car, the no plate is stuck onto the black plastic....

So is the black plastic thing stuck to the bumper or screwed on? I've not had chance to have a proper look myself yet, but just thought that someone on here will have already done it?

Cheers,

Mark

screwed on IIRC mate, so you'll havew to take the numbe plate off first :)

Great, thought so....

That means I gotta get hold of some super sticky stuff to reattach the numberplate with after! :blush:

(Ps, now answer my wheel question ;):D )

Havent you got that fitted yet?? come on get on with it Mark :p

I know Tim, I really, really apologise for my slacking modding behaviour! :blush::D

It took me weeks to get around to the back badge and I've still gotta finish the front one this weekend! ;)

I did see whether I could fit it without taking off the numberplate holder but looks like I'm gunna have to.

Never mind, will try this weekend! :thumbs:

had a grilltech for the supra and it was a bit rubbish i found. It fitted in the front air duct and you were supposed to keep it in place with some clips - fair enough, only it wouldnt fit in propperly and would pop out due to tension

do they fit better on the Z as I do like the look of them

screwed on IIRC mate, so you'll havew to take the numbe plate off first :)

Great, thought so....

That means I gotta get hold of some super sticky stuff to reattach the numberplate with after! :blush:

(Ps, now answer my wheel question ;):D )

You could drill and screw it instead of the sticky sh*te ;)

had a grilltech for the supra and it was a bit rubbish i found. It fitted in the front air duct and you were supposed to keep it in place with some clips - fair enough, only it wouldnt fit in propperly and would pop out due to tension

do they fit better on the Z as I do like the look of them

I'll let you know if I can get around to fitting it this weekend! ;)

They still only fit with cable ties though, so interesting to see what the fit will be like. If it seems like its going to break then I'll just stick some more cable ties on......

I'll post some pics when done. :thumbs: