Z at Spa - Trackday piccies.

MSportUK

Some pics from my Spa trackday last month. Thought they might be appreciated here!

Arrived to wet track and dense fog - didn't look good.

SpaFog1.jpg

SpaFog2.jpg

But it eventually cleared, allowing me to get in the way of some Ferraris :teeth:

Spa01.jpg

Spa02.jpg

Spa05.jpg

Spa06.jpg

Spa03.jpg

Wanna go back now! :drive1

Great pics mate. B)

How did the Zed perform on the track?

It was awesome. Had a bit of a nightmare before we left - garage who were going my wheel alignment managed to shear the end off the toe adjustment bolt and Nissan couldn't supply one for over a week - this was the day before the ferry! Managed to get one fabricated by an engineering company as a makeshift measure in the end. It held out perfectly, but was always in the back of my mind so maybe didn't push as hard as I would otherwise have done. Other than that, everything was tip top - did maybe 6 or 7 stints, each of over 20-25 mins with no probs other than the brakes getting a bit squishy towards the end of each (they were glowing orange braking for the bus stop, so understandable). Only real downsides to the day were i) the fog kept us off the track in the morning, and ii) everyone else brought much faster cars! Place was littered with F430s, GT2 and GT3 Porsches, Lambo Gallardos, KTM X-Bow, Vantage, Exiges. It was all a bit silly at times. Especially when this was out on track - 430 GT3 race car!...

F430GT3.jpg

Neh, it didn't seem to be out on track all that much, but christ it was scary when it was. The closing-passing-disappearing into the distance speed of it was insane. Barely had time to react to seeing it in the distance in your rear-view mirror before it was gone!

Neh, it didn't seem to be out on track all that much, but christ it was scary when it was. The closing-passing-disappearing into the distance speed of it was insane. Barely had time to react to seeing it in the distance in your rear-view mirror before it was gone!

:surrender::surrender:

Yeah but the panel fitment on the Z is much better on the Z than the 430 - that front end looks like its been put together by a proper friday afternoon crew.

But I guess you dont buy one of those for the panel gaps :lol:

I think spa is great but have only visited once, and never driven it - the layout and altitude change on the track is great.

Hows about that house, incredible view of turn one :thumbs::lol:

Yeah but the panel fitment on the Z is much better on the Z than the 430 - that front end looks like its been put together by a proper friday afternoon crew.

The 430 turned up on a trailer and the bumper arrived in the back of the towing Defender - was too low to get it in the trailer with it on. Don't think panel accuracy was high on their list of test criteria!

It is an awesome circuit. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't driven it. Worth it for Eau Rouge alone!

I'm presuming your Zed is modded? Did the Bently go on the track, or just there to watch?

Neh, not really. Mods list is a short and not very dignified one: grounding kit, replacement panel filter, HEL brake lines. I have plans, especially after Spa, but that's the lot for now!

No, the Bentley I think came with one of the race teams and didn't go on track. Same with the black Maser GT.

Cool pics, who did you do it through? Looked like a great day. :teeth:

My girlfriend bought it for my 30th birthday through BookATrack. It was a very expensive day, but would definitely recommend them as the organisation was spot on, helpful staff, good atmosphere. Also nice to be on track with proper enthusiasts in top motors rather than the cocky chavs in Saxos who seem to plague cheaper trackdays.

Mind if I ask what you did for insurance?

Got track cover through MORIS. Not really necessary for Spa because it's huge and you'd have to be driving like a tit to hit anything, but you can't rely on other drivers and I'm hopelessly unlucky!

Cool pics, who did you do it through? Looked like a great day. :teeth:

My girlfriend bought it for my 30th birthday through BookATrack. It was a very expensive day, but would definitely recommend them as the organisation was spot on, helpful staff, good atmosphere. Also nice to be on track with proper enthusiasts in top motors rather than the cocky chavs in Saxos who seem to plague cheaper trackdays.

Cheers, have always wanted to do Spa. :thumbs: