Release Bearing Issue

MAYHEW820

My alternative was to go find a good garage in Surrey but have yet to find once that truly knows the 350z's... Some have spoken about TGM, but Tom's very much a Honda DC5 kinda guy..

If you find one of these - please let me know :thumbs:

I spoke to the workshop controller at my work and he said there was an active recall on the release bearings. It was just brought up in a convo after he seen the car. Bit i have yet to give him my VIN number to check. Yes i know it will probably happen all over again but i assume some people have had this fixed and for good. so its worth a try. Scott, the nissan master tech says the same about a black one we have had in countless times for this. The driver doesn't get the hint.

Should be finding out this week, il let you know how it goes.

Gilly

Any news??

Not as of yet, waiting on the workshop contrller to come back to work. seems to be taking his sweet time lol

il let you know as seen as i have anything

Gilly

Had my clutch replaced last year @22,000 miles under warranty after i complained about the release bearing being noisy, just had the car back for its service and have been told it is not the bearing that is making the noise but is a bearing in the gearbox, the car is now out of warranty and has now done 28,000 miles.

After I spoke to Nissan today they want me to pay for the gearbox to be removed so they can check to see if the clutch needed to be replaced or the problem was originally wrongly diagnosed before they will take any responsibility, the problem I have with this is once the gearbox is on the floor they walk away and I have to pay for all the repairs, would this be normal practice from Nissan to ask or are they just trying to fob me off.

Max.

I had a similar issue with mine/ still have, just over a year ago I had 5thgear synchro go, so the entire gearbox was replaced under warranty, I also paid the extra to change the clutch whilst the box was out, I still have the bearing noise and the rattles, just seems to be the norm, the noise you hear at the rear of the box could be due to the vibration travelling through the gear box itself,

If its now out of warranty id say "If it aint broke dont fix it" ;)

Not too worried about the the noise just a little p---ed they replaced the clutch even though they could find nothing wrong, for them to tell me it now needs a new gearbox at my expense, the rattle has been there from new.

max.

• 1 year later...

Going to view/buy a 2003 JDM Zed this Friday, recently fitted with Exedy clutch and Fidanza flywheel... Iam a complete noob with this stuff so could anyone clarify what is normal for me to hear?

Cheers!

• 1 year later...