brake disc and pad fitting

drbrunel

Hi guys

My local mechanic will fit my new disc and pad setup for £40 which is a good price but he has never done a 350z. Is there anything he needs to be aware of?

Ive never really got my hands dirty with the z so I have no idea myself but is it just a simple matter of replace the old discs and pads with the new ones??

Cheers

Bru

Technically it's wheel off, two bolts to take the caliper off, slide the old disk off, new one on and swap the pads out and bolt the caliper back on. If you have the right tools it looks straight forward. Someone who's done the disks as well will pipe up, I've only done the pads myself but am doing the disks soon.... :)

The caliper bolts can be a bit of a bu**er to get off as I found last week, but apart from that its a straightforward job.

If he got all the proper tools he'll be fine - £40 is a great deal :thumbs: . Most of the places I tried round near me wanted £100 - £150 :surrender:

Push the pistons back into the caliper with a lever while the disc is still in situ and keep an eye on the opposing pistons or they will pop out! It's not quite as easy then. ;) As the rest have said, 2 bolts for the caliper then the disc slides off, it may however be retained by a small screw so just losen this and off it wil pop. If you're scared at the prospect of the pistons popping out of the caliper you can buy a piston spreader tool from sealey for about £20. This decice pushes both pairs of pistons back simultaneously. Hope this helps. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for bringing up an old thread, but on a similar line, im fitting my new discs and pads tomorrow (custom dimples only discs from ebc, and redstuff pads) and was just wondering if anyone knew the torque settings for the caliper bolts etc. so we dont either not tighten them enough of too much on re-fitting

cheers guys