NEW SPOKEY ROLLERS

lomoto

Just got my new wheels bolted on this evening, 19" Ruff with polished rims .. :teeth:

I wanted black centres after seeing Kevs on the Wales trip out ;) but they werent available straight away so plumped for the graphite ones (could always spray them at a later date if I find I cant live with em ! )

200.jpg

100.jpg

isn't the guy giving discounts for members of this community? Lomoto, did you get any discounts?

nice blingy wheels indeed ! :teeth::D

Yes quite correct Val., He did me a good deal :thumbs:

Worth the membership fee already ;)

They are lovely, .....

:thumbs:

How much does one of them weigh? Just wondering in comparison to a Rays, I keep thinking about changing mine..... but not putting anything heavier on.

Anyone know how much the Rays weigh?

18Kg without tyres IIRC very light wheels

I have a feeling those RUFF are gonna weigh a bit, but Tim won't be too bothered, as they do look good :)

He He ,, your right Val , I was going to weigh em before I stuck :D em on , but decided I wouldnt bother upsetting myself :blush:

but with my experience with motorcycles with very lightweight wheels I think I will be better of on the normal roads with something with a bit more meat in them, lightweight wheels have a horrible habit of bending !!

it,s not as though I,m going to race it anywhere so I just went for the look I liked, probably not to everyones taste ,but it floats my boat

? uh? re-read my post: if a wheel is forged is as strong and light as it can be made, bar carbon fibre or kevlar ones.

There are also lightweight cast wheels which won't be as strong as forged ones :)

I know what your saying Val, but they still bend !

any wheel will bend then! even fu*k off heavy ones, given the right circumnstances!

too right , What I am saying though is the very lightweight ones are OK for track use, but on Englands potholed roads, speedbumps etc.. I think the wheels with a bit more metal in will stand it far better... dont you agree

well depends what you class as VERY lightweight ;)

the rays are amongst the lightest 18" wheels I have found. Ok they are butt ugly, but I haven't heard of any of them bending on a pothole ;)

you,ve opened the door now Val, Someone out there must have bent a rim or two by now ??