After years of saying "i'll do it", i've done it!

kObi

well here are some out of date photos of my bike,

really out of date but still photos

(oldest photo i have of it, how it looked when i first got it)

_MG_3284web.jpg

with my dads bmw

_MG_8227web.jpg

FilmposterARussellHND1A300.jpg

(got to finals of mcn, photographer of the year comp)

_MG_5185web.jpg

will take some recent ones hopefully this week

awesome bikes guys! i really do think i'll have to get a ninja, no doubt about it. getting stupidly excited for saturday, will be a long day but worth it in the end. 90% sure my parents will disown me but oh well. only live once. anyone recommend any clothing/helmets to get?

awesome bikes guys! i really do think i'll have to get a ninja, no doubt about it. getting stupidly excited for saturday, will be a long day but worth it in the end. 90% sure my parents will disown me but oh well. only live once. anyone recommend any clothing/helmets to get?

My parents didn't know. I went round on the bike with all the gear on and my my mum was like 'oh well...' She always said I could do it when I didn't live with her. I waited 3 years after moving out to do it!

Clothing - Hein Geriche is good. I'm wearing Hein leathers as I didn't want to spend a fortune on them in case I didn't like biking or something....

My boots and gloves are Alpinstars

Helmet is AGV Ti-Tech which is a good helmet.

Doesn't matter what you buy (wouldn't scrimp on helmet) but wear everything...... you know if you go down the road the hospital scrub the stones out with a SCRUBBING BRUSH! Protect yourself!

+1

Don't scrimp on clothing or helmet.

I personally have all alpinestars gear and an arai rx7 helmet. Cost me a bomb but it needn't cost that much for decent gear. Just make sure you have full leathers and WEAR THEM! Even if you come off at 30mph you'll be a red fooking beetroot if you don't have proper gear on.

Ride safe buddy and good luck with the hunting for a Ninja. (10r's are best though :p)

Chris

+1

Don't scrimp on clothing or helmet.

I personally have all alpinestars gear and an arai rx7 helmet. Cost me a bomb but it needn't cost that much for decent gear. Just make sure you have full leathers and WEAR THEM! Even if you come off at 30mph you'll be a red fooking beetroot if you don't have proper gear on.

Ride safe buddy and good luck with the hunting for a Ninja. (10r's are best though :p)

Chris

10rs are mental..... I had a go of a work mates one. Lets just say over taking was fun. Without thinking I was on the back wheel doing three figures. That was a little turn of the wrist. SCARY!

I have to admit, i didnt like it! at all! so i left just before we went out on our 2 hour ride. It just wasn't for me :( i was sooooo annoyed with myself because i was so sure i was wanting to ride bikes, but after like 7 hours on it i honestly couldn't see myself going out and getting a bike. i started off being the worse in my group, then since i kept getting things wrong i had to keep going over it and over it and shortly became the best in my group, getting things first time, counter balance became a doddle, gear changes were easy enough.......but i just wasn't enjoying myself as much as i thought i would. Oh well, least i've tried it. Goodbye bike dream :byebye:

I have to admit, i didnt like it! at all! so i left just before we went out on our 2 hour ride. It just wasn't for me :( i was sooooo annoyed with myself because i was so sure i was wanting to ride bikes, but after like 7 hours on it i honestly couldn't see myself going out and getting a bike. i started off being the worse in my group, then since i kept getting things wrong i had to keep going over it and over it and shortly became the best in my group, getting things first time, counter balance became a doddle, gear changes were easy enough.......but i just wasn't enjoying myself as much as i thought i would. Oh well, least i've tried it. Goodbye bike dream :byebye:

That's a real shame. Just proves that it isn't for everyone.

Well done for trying it though.