New headunit needed (bluetooth + s/wheel)

dastardly

Hi all, I've had a look through some of the past posts on here but can't really work out what to do (this electronics and ICE stuff makes my head hurt).

Basically I've got a 2005 350Z GT with the bose system. As we all know the bose headunit is crap. Mine no longer believes that it has a CD function so I can only listen to the radio. I need to get a new headunit but what's stopping me is finding one that will integrate with the stering wheel radio controls and the cars in-build bluetooth phone system (in the armrest).

Can anyone recommend a headunit that will easily slot in, or do I need to take it to a specilist to get all of these things working in harmony? Budget is a couple of hundred quid as the car already has sat nav, all I want to do is play CDs and maybe plug in my iPod.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I've had a look through some of the past posts on here but can't really work out what to do (this electronics and ICE stuff makes my head hurt).

Basically I've got a 2005 350Z GT with the bose system. As we all know the bose headunit is crap. Mine no longer believes that it has a CD function so I can only listen to the radio. I need to get a new headunit but what's stopping me is finding one that will integrate with the stering wheel radio controls and the cars in-build bluetooth phone system (in the armrest).

Can anyone recommend a headunit that will easily slot in, or do I need to take it to a specilist to get all of these things working in harmony? Budget is a couple of hundred quid as the car already has sat nav, all I want to do is play CDs and maybe plug in my iPod.

Thanks in advance.

Part of the answer viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16403

• 2 weeks later...
This might be agood option. Not to expensive does everything.....I have a car pc and am thinking of this to replace my BOSE unit.

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/alpine/p ... ER=Froogle

I have been looking at doing something similar, although it's a non-Bose system I'm replacing. It's worth bearing in mind, however, that the above system requires you to buy a seperate (Parrot) bluetooth module, which bumps the cost up considerably. As far as I'm aware there is no way to integrate it with the armrest BT system, although someone may prove me wrong :)

Steering wheel controls etc are covered by the thread stated, I've been looking at this:

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/alpine/p~CDE-103BT.html?cat=0

Or the 104BTi (essentially the same unit in grey with the iPod lead included!), the advantage being that they both have proper iPod control, can be linked to the steering controls and have bluetooth actually built in (as opposed to being 'bluetooth ready').

They are single Din units and don't look quite as smart as the W203, but from reading around the sound quality is excellent and the phone system works pretty well too.

Hope that's of some help!

As you say the 203 is a nice head unit but the optional Parrot module does bump the price up a hude amount. if you are not bothered about going for a double din over single (IMO no point unless your going for a screen at the mo) then the 104BTi is a great little head unit and really good value for money considering it has the full iPhone, bluetooth and even front USB if you need it (something I find handy for old 265MB sticks)

This might be agood option. Not to expensive does everything.....I have a car pc and am thinking of this to replace my BOSE unit.

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/alpine/p ... ER=Froogle

I have been looking at doing something similar, although it's a non-Bose system I'm replacing. It's worth bearing in mind, however, that the above system requires you to buy a seperate (Parrot) bluetooth module, which bumps the cost up considerably. As far as I'm aware there is no way to integrate it with the armrest BT system, although someone may prove me wrong :)

Steering wheel controls etc are covered by the thread stated, I've been looking at this:

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/alpine/p~CDE-103BT.html?cat=0

Or the 104BTi (essentially the same unit in grey with the iPod lead included!), the advantage being that they both have proper iPod control, can be linked to the steering controls and have bluetooth actually built in (as opposed to being 'bluetooth ready').

They are single Din units and don't look quite as smart as the W203, but from reading around the sound quality is excellent and the phone system works pretty well too.

Hope that's of some help!

Yeah, I dont mind about the lack of bluetooth as I have a touch screen in the cubby hole running a computer with bluetooth and mic through centrafuse. Im not really a fan of the single din units, i think it looks out of place.

All good though, of course everyones needs are slightly different. Hopefully in the next few weeks all mine will be finished and i'll post up some pics with explanations of what I have done. My pc stuff is all done, just need a head unit to connect it to and wire all that up.....thats what bank holidays are for.....