First Impressions ...

WoREoD

(CS asked for this so here you go!) - (maybe this should be called Fast Impressions!)

Collected car from Marshalls at about 07:45, being second car out of the showroom (behind Paul_K). We then travelled in convoy to Newmarket for some breakfast.

Split up after that as we had calls to make. I try to avoid motorways and was keeping ti the running in schedule so half-throttle and 3500rpm maximum was actually quite easy in Automatic. Off to Stevenage to seem my daughter-in-law and granddaughter, then to Welwyn and my son’s office. Quite a few people came out of the building and then we did a quick circuit of Welwyn and the A1(M). Apart from the numerous phone cameras most remarkable moment was two young lads in a Saxo who pulled over and then followed taking photos and video, even hanging on to catch the brake lights at roundabouts.

Then off to Milton Keynes to visit Cindy’s daughter, and then home to South Oxfordshire with 200 miles on the clock.

Set off early on Friday first to Andover (cos it’s a nice run), and first fill up. Then onto the A303 for Exeter. Stopped for tea at 300 miles and to move into the next part of running in, selecting comfort mode – and you can feel the difference. Traffic wasn’t good so arrived at my friends around 12:30. Then the three of us off to Newton Abbot for lunch. Cindy wasn’t keen on travelling in the back but Chris seemed okay on the return journey even though we came back the pretty way. Last part of the day was off to friends in Cullompton to stay overnight. Had managed a whole day not exceeding 3500rpm although the engine just feels all the time as though it wants to get on with it. This car is gonna be disturbingly quick to drive/

Saturday morning saw a quick ride round with our friends and then off to Plymouth to see the Hoe. Parked on the seafront and although we wandered up the road we could see the car getting lots of attention. One guy seemed to take about 15 to 20 photos…. Decided not to leave it there too long before it picked up a zip or handbag scratch so then off for a run to Kingsbridge, Slapton Sands, Dartmouth, Totnes and then to Exeter for shopping and our second tankfull. Finally back to Cullompton to stay and parked up with just over 600 miles on the clock!

Sunday dawned a glorious day and now we’re allowed to use the revs in low gears. Headed for one of my favourite roads and started to stretch the engine going to Crediton and then on to Okehampton. Then nearly to Bude but turned north to Hartland Point for lunch and break. Then home the pretty way, Bideford, Barnstaple, Tiverton, Taunton, and across to the A303. Another tankfull at Andover and then home, parked up with just under 900 miles on the clock,

Washed the car this morning (Thursday & Friday were rainy days) and found out more interesting things:

- the front GT-R badge is gonna be a devil to keep clean.

- it doesn’t have wiper blades – just huge, solid wiper rubbers

- auto is excellent and even in manual it’ll change down if you brake to a stop

- there doesn’t look to be much tread depth on the Dunlops even when new!

I’m learning about changing down approaching a corner (even while braking (in a straight line Colin, honestly))

Fabulous car. I’ve been promised some pictures so will try and post later.

This is especially for Sarnie as I know he likes me to give my views after a few beers ...

JohnK, clearly you don't have an interesting life, and I don't know who PaulK is (sorry :blush: ) so stop p!ssballing around and give us a decent review and/or stop copying your posts lock-stock from another forum :lol: