Whining Stereo

mwalker56

Hi guys, my Bose unit has finally skipped one too many times so i'm replacing it with my old JVC unit which is pretty sweet anyway!

Right, i have the required harness (ICT 29-674) and have plugged it all in, but I'm getting a horrible earth loop whine from the alternator (pitch is proportional to the revs). I lost the instructions for the ICT harness as i bought it so long ago and i'm wondering if i've not connected something correctly. I have connected the the blue and white striped wire to the ignition switched live (which i understand is for the bose amp), there is also a black and white striped wire alongside it, do i need to connect this to ground? If so is there a convenient place to ground it?

Cheers guys.

Sounds like its a bad earth issue. Have you spliced in an additional ground to power the main unit? As the 350z factory loom has no earth in it as it earths through the casing of the stereo. I think the best place to earth it is on the piece of metal to the right of the stereo. Im not sure about the black and white cable, cant remember if i did anything with it in the end.

Better still get yaself a single din MUTANT!

:band:

It is a single din, so less of the mutant!!

There's loads of head units out there that i'd like, but simply havent got the $ to spend on them at the moment. My bose head unit was skipping and the left hannel kept dropping out so i decided to put the head unit from my old car in! Just need to get the screen and PC in now...