Decent garage / dealer South West please ;-)

nate247

Got a 53 plate 350z and to be honest the service history is pants and I am currently trying to fill in the couple of blanks in the service log by contacting the previous owners.

Needless to say, I shall be taking much better care of the car and am ideally looking for a garage around the Bristol (or surrounding) area to take my car to on a regular basis. Price wise it would be amazing if cheap, however I'm ideally looking for good workmanship and somebody that won't rip me off.

Hopefully this garage can take stock of where the car is and where I need to go with it to get back up to decent servicing intervals (as only had the car 6 months). I'm fairly certain I need a P3 service or might indeed be "overdue" one.

But any suggestions would be great guys. If any of you have a mate that runs a garage or works for a Nissan stealer even better as there are a couple of rattles and creeks I could do with looking at without somebody trying to con me out of a fortune.

As I have just been made redundant recently, I need to save every penny I can trying to get my own business of the ground :surrender: lol

There's a few beers etc in it at the next closest meet for anyone that can put me in touch. Thanks for listening to my waffle above and I shall keep my fingers crossed ;)

All the best,

Nathan

Ok Ian, thanks for that.

Ideally I would like something a little closer as it makes like easier leaving the car with the garage, however Newport isn't out of the question so if there are no further suggestions I shall take you up on the kind offer.

Thanks for the suggestion matey... :thumbs:

Hi Nathan,

I have today booked my car in next thursday for a P3 service. I phoned Bristol(wessex) and there price was £317 but they do not replace coolant or brake fluid, only top-up.

I then phone Howards in W-S-M and they charge £259 and that includes all coolants and brake fluid replaced. Also i get a car for the day so that seems very good to me.

I will let you know how i get on. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Nathan,

I have today booked my car in next thursday for a P3 service. I phoned Bristol(wessex) and there price was £317 but they do not replace coolant or brake fluid, only top-up.

I then phone Howards in W-S-M and they charge £259 and that includes all coolants and brake fluid replaced. Also i get a car for the day so that seems very good to me.

How did you get on in the end buddy? I have just booked my car in there for Wednesday 13th and was hopeful your experience was one filled with glee and joy ;-) lol

Hi Nathan,

How did you get on in the end buddy? I have just booked my car in there for Wednesday 13th and was hopeful your experience was one filled with glee and joy ;-) lol

OK i had a small issue of the brake fluid being over topped but found out that they had bleed the brakes with the hand brake on and when they released the Hbrake it pushed the level to the top but they sorted that out the next day.

They were very helpfull and phoned me a couple of times to check if i needed this or that doing. I got a letter with 10% off my next service and i will defferently go back when i need more work done. :D