warrenty work

victorb44

Ok, go to

http://photobucket.com/

Its free to sign up. You will then be in the section My Albums. Toward the top there is a button named Choose Files. Click this and a window will open with your picture files in it. Find the correct folder in that window and click on the picture. It will then upload to your photobucket album

When this is done you will see the picture in your album.

Put your mouse pointer over it and drop down to reveal a l;ist of codes. Left click on the IMG CODE to highlight it. Right click to copy and right click to paste it into a post on here and there you go. It is quicker to do that it is to explain ;)

• 3 months later...
Just found this posting. My bonnet seems to be corroding too (53plate). Going into Nissan Southampton next week so they can take some pictures. Will report back on what they have to say about it.

And

What mileage is your car on at the moment? Mines a 54 plate with 83k on the clock and they wouldn't even look into the corrosion on the wheels or the wiper arms :thumbdown: I did the arms myself and they now look mint. The wheels will cost me £200 done as standard or £300 with a polished lip.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Took the car into Nissan yesterday afternoon to get some pics taken of bonnet. Also enquired about the bubbling on the alloys but dont think there is any chance something will get done about them as outside the 3 year warrenty.

Service manager said i should hear back in next couple of days as to whether the claim can go through!

Hi All,

Just searching around and thought I would dig this back up for some help/advice on my same problem.

I took my 53 plate in to an independent body shop for a quote on some bubbles on the lip of the bonnet, worse on the underside - no evidence of stone chips etc.. The guy looked at it and said "I'd try Nissan, that's definite corrosion that shouldn't be there and it may still be under warranty". Nice honest guy, he said that rather than get the work...

Anyway, took it to Hylton Nissan in Worcester. Service manager looked at it and said "to my untrained eye I don't think you'll get that put through, it's not corrosion, I wouldn't bother trying" I asked for 2nd opinion. Bodyshop manager comes out "Definite corrosion problem, caused by manufacturing fault, must have been a dodgy batch of bonnets, Nissan should get that done for you". I very nearly had to argue the points with him - I thought these guys were here to help!? Anyway, service manager takes some awful out of focus pics of the problem and reluctantly asks Nissan.

Phone call today from service manager (credit due for an answer in less than 24hrs!) saying (more or less) "I told you so, they won't put it through it's a paint fault and that warranty is for 3 years so we can't do anything for you"......

Anyway, do you think if I took it to a dealer who actually wants to help then they may try to persuade nissan a bit more? I got the distinct feeling the service manager didn't want the work...? I have since rung Nissan customer services and asked them to investigate and said two different 'experts' believe it is corrosion, they have said they will get back to me.

I can take decent images of the problem myself and will do to forward to Nissan if needed. Any advice on getting this pushed through will be appreciated.

Cheers

Just chased the service manager at Nissan Southampton over my claim. Said the work wouldnt be done through the corrosion warrenty :thumbdown: but has raised the issue with customer relations to see what can be done. To be fair it does sound like he is really trying to help out so will see what happens.