Not seeing pictuires

Just tried to view some of S1 HNK pics in the New Exhaust thread. After clicking on what was descibed as an attachment, I just get an eternal 'clock' inside a rectangle in the middle of the screen.

I also realise it just doesn't happen at work, I get this at home too, but it seems it only applies to attachments (which I'm not clear how are generated) but not in respect of hosted photo's such as photobucket (which are blacked at work)

If Photobucket is blocked at work then you will get what you're seeing. At home it should be fine unless Photobucket is down for any reason.

Attachments are uploaded to the site so you should be able to see regardless? Tried right clicking and save target as?

I have the same problem, its something to with the lytebox plugin i think. I have the latest version of Flash player, shockwave player and Java. I only have the problem in IE version 7, firefox is ok. May try a IE update see if that cures it for me.

Was suffering the same issue using IE8, but I had the site added to the list of sites to test in "compatibility mode" whilst I was doing some other testing - I removed the site from this list, and it started working ok. Albeit a lot slower to display the picture than with firefox.

Firefox just works. they make it that bit better with every revision, and you dont need to re-write entire websites to make it work with the latest version.

As an example, you can now add special tags to web pages to instruct internet explorer 8 to act as if it were internet explorer 7. Just in case the websites dont display as they should.

Why on earth would you need to have that written into your program if it just worked as it should in the first place :wacko:

If Photobucket is blocked at work then you will get what you're seeing. At home it should be fine unless Photobucket is down for any reason.

Attachments are uploaded to the site so you should be able to see regardless? Tried right clicking and save target as?

Its very odd, Right click & open in new window works A1.

Just clicking just doesn't