Cleaning Bug......

spr1ngy

Well being as it was such a nice day! i got the cleaning bug too!

But a black zed is ridiculous to clean..... it was so hot that after rinsing off the shampoo by the time i'd folded the cow hide there were dry water marks everywhere!!! Got most of them but my car has a habit of pi$$ing itself from the rear wiper arm around 10minutes later just to annoy me........ needs a good claybar when i have time also, dont think the last owner was too kind....

apologies for the iphone pic (shine is made to look incredible) no camera available.

IMG_0248.jpg

Of course this wont last long because as soon as there is any rain, dampness, clouds, morning dew, a child splasing in a puddle, the car will be wrecked....... damn black....... :bang:

Looks B)

You should get yourself some megs quick detailer or similar and a microfibre cloth, when all the waterdroplets appear from the nooks and crannies give the bodywork a quick spary with QD and a rub over, will come up as good as new if its waxed properly.

R

Newbie here.

Spr1ngy - the car looks amazing - nice one!

Apologies if this looks as though I'm crashing this thread although I'm interested in what more experienced Z owners use to keep their pride and joy in tip-top nick (i.e. car wash, polish, interior sprays, cloths, etc.)

Strangely enough the first time I did the full detail thing its seemed to go on forever, then you see the results and its all worth it.

Get used to the comments from friends and neighbours. :lol:

To get a kuro like spr1ingys look that good is sooooo rewarding, makes it all worthwhile. B)

Strangely enough the first time I did the full detail thing its seemed to go on forever, then you see the results and its all worth it.

Get used to the comments from friends and neighbours. :lol:

To get a kuro like spr1ingys look that good is sooooo rewarding, makes it all worthwhile. B)

ha! thanks for saying it looks good Martin! it took 2 of us around 4 hours to do 2 cars (also his 08 astra vxr). Needless to say his silver car took a LOT less work! Had to leave the wax on the zed for around 40mins before it was workable/buffable!