Adrian Flux...

Removed

Guess who quoted me the cheapest with all my mods declared? yeah you guessed it.. Adrian Flux. fair play to them! :teeth:

BUT when I asked to have my 15% discount through another website that I am member of (PM me if you want to know how to receive this discount for free, btw ;) ) they said I had already bled them dry and they couldn't apply any more discount.

Basically if you get a good quote before ringing them, and they need to try and beat it to get your business, there's no point in being a member of some member's club, especially if you need to pay to get the discount, as they would give it to you anyway, if they really want your business.

just my £0.02

:teeth:

oh and my mods are covered like for like :teeth:

Thats what i found, they ask first if i had recieved a quote from anyone else, i said yes, then they asked if i was a member of any car club, i said no, they said they would give me a member discount anyway (15%)

So they are just quoting against market prices and using the 15% as a marketing ploy!

PM sent to Val already on this one.

Why you guys feel the need to do this is beyond me.

I saved £65 using these guys via the OC and if I hadn't been a member then it would have been 15% more expensive. I have also saved a fair few quid on other bits and pieces - far more than the membership fee.

Please can we leave this petty bickering and nit picking. It's really tired now. :surrender:

David read the content of the post before defending your decision to pay money for none existing discounts.

Other people will make there own mine up on the subject, Val is just pointing out to other members on this site (730 and growing) how to make savings and not pay for them so as you say the discount is a benefit, but even better Val is showing members how to get it for free.

I am saying from experience if you handle the situation as a market driven quote you will see the discount is only there to achieve marketing advantage on other companies, as once they get your call they remove the promise of the 15% whether you are a member or not.

This is seen on other sites as a reason to pay yearly membership, all Val is questioning is the reason why, no mention of which site, as Val is a paid up member of that site (not the oc) he has the right to question it.

MFI are always offering 40% off so hurry as it will be over soon !

You don't need to be a bl00dy genius to see that Val's original post and your subsequent reply are meant as a direct swipe at the owners club website.

I really don't give a monkeys anymore, as you say, people can make their own minds up.

You can head off to MFI if you want, I prefer to shop at Harrods.

Thread locked. I agree this could be construed as a "swipe" at another site.

I have made ammendments to various posts here in an attempt to resolve the issue in a satisfactory way for everyone - any issues feel free to PM me.

People who have spoken to me will know my feelings regarding this "us and them" matter - and I feel it should NOT be discussed ad nauseum, again, on this forum.

Needless to say, I feel any 350Z site should act in the best interests of the Z community.

So with that in mind, look out for more discounts being announced on this site. And, as always, they will all be free.