A glimmer of hope in the second hand car market

Martin W

Mate of mine deals in Ferarri's (used)

He had a conversation with Glasses today.

Second hand prices of Ferrari's is going up an average of £2k next month in the guide it seems

NO-ONE is selling at the moment unless they are desperate

Be cool to think we may see the same with the Z :thumbs:

I dont think the same rule applies to the zed very much. The 350 version is being replaced by the 370z and Ferrari's often have large waiting lists for deliveries, etc. Plus, people with Ferrari's can afford to keep hold of them, whereas a typical sports car for average Joe is a luxury item that may have to be sold in times of economic crises.

You never know - if there was a lack of certain colours, you could put a premium on it I guess.

I dont think the same rule applies to the zed very much.

The 2nd hand price of Ferrari's tanked in much the same way as the Z ......

And rich people buy new ferraris.....

A cherished 348 / 355 can be owned by a 'normal' person in my opinion.

The prestige car market is firming up now that all of the desperate sellers in negative equity have got out of their cars and stopped dragging the market down them. Fezza's and Lambo's are in such short supply that good cars will naturally hold their value and even appreciate.

Mass produced cars will act along the same lines but on a lesser scale but will never appreciate.

The prestige car market is firming up now that all of the desperate sellers in negative equity have got out of their cars and stopped dragging the market down them. Fezza's and Lambo's are in such short supply that good cars will naturally hold their value and even appreciate.

Mass produced cars will act along the same lines but on a lesser scale but will never appreciate.

:thumbs:

Ive been watching the prestige car market, and although this month may see a little rise as the fire sale of negative equity owners subsides, Im fairly certain that there is more yet to come.

We have seen the people who were stretched to the limit sell sharpish in the last few months - next will be the people who start to see a decline in the mid/late part of 09.

Then when we see the interest rates start to climb again in time, we will see them start to come out again.

F430s have been dropping in price like bricks for the last couple of months, as have astons and Gallardos, and although we may see a little jump this month, I reckon the decline on the prestige market will continue.

Ive been watching the prestige car market, and although this month may see a little rise as the fire sale of negative equity owners subsides, Im fairly certain that there is more yet to come.

We have seen the people who were stretched to the limit sell sharpish in the last few months - next will be the people who start to see a decline in the mid/late part of 09.

Then when we see the interest rates start to climb again in time, we will see them start to come out again.

F430s have been dropping in price like bricks for the last couple of months, as have astons and Gallardos, and although we may see a little jump this month, I reckon the decline on the prestige market will continue.

I agree that the decline will continue, as it will for all marques. I do believe that good clean prestige cars wth owners who are in no financial need to sell will holf their value or even appreciate. The general market, for cars in general, will continue to decline as the recession bites. The recession will weed out the prestige owners that are holding on to their cars, hoping to come out the other side of the recession, car intact. There will be those that have to get out before the recession is over (Q1/2 of 2010 is guesstimated) with people like me waiting to snap up their bargains :teeth: