newbie help please

buster

daft question and i am not too sure if i should post here or not... :headhurt: ..

seem to have a problem with the bose hu in my 54 plate car .when the radio is on the speakers all work correctly but as soon as the cd is used the left hand speakers fail. intermitantly they work but then fail...i have found that if i hit the dash to the side of the hu they come back on for a few secs and then fail again.doing my nut as only collected the car friday.i remove the hu last night to check the connections but all was fine.

any ideas guys apart from replacing the hu with after market unit.

I eventually got a jesture of goodwill out of Nissan (but only a small one mind you, it is Nissan Customer Services after all). The fault had something to do with the play heads being out of alignment ( acommon problem they eventually divulged) My local dealer took the unit out and sent it off for repair and if memory serves Nissan paid the brunt of the repair bill.

Dicky

looks like a no win matter then......thanks for the link.

is there any problems i ll face replacing the unit with an aftermarket one.?

we do have discount with Clarion who make and repair the Bose HU. See discounts section for more info