Buy GT ? or not... ??

JimmyJam75

So - in only a few hours time, I'll be off to order my first 350Z!

I'm planning to get the GT in Gun Metal...

..but out of interest, in your opinion... if you were buying a new one today.. would you get the standard, or the GT edition?

Is it worth it?

:)

Jim

I always wanted a GT but many would say it's over priced for what you get. Also depends on whether you would want to mod the stereo and the seats. If you are going to them don't bother with the GT.

I got a GT for the leather/electric/heated seats and partly for cruise control.

Also, most 350Z's in the UK are GT spec, so this'll help when the time comes to sell.

The BOSE system is not worth the extra money in my opinion.

Stubbys are a few quid from eBay - they screw on (standard nut and bolt type thread)

nope - i'm not going to MOD the seats or stereo - so i'll probably go with the GT pack..

BTW - how much are the stubby aerials, and are they easy to fit?

cheers for the advice !

J

Guy on ebay does them for a fiver all in and straight swap. Couldn't be easier. Just look under 350z on ebay and you'll see one on the side of a yellow gt4

BOSE - some say it is crap, I find the sound fantastic for a factory fit unit! Def a worthy upgrade unless, as said, you plan your own ICE.

The GT Seats, well in my suit I slip all over like a wet kipper, however on the track or when wearing non suit clothing they dont slip. I just completed a 2500 mile trip, 800 of those miles done in one long day - only stopping once for fuel - I got out as did my missus at the end of the day without a single ache, no arse cramp and no lower back ache. That is the mark of a true comfy GT car.

Def get the GT pack and go fo RAYS, the standard alloys are nice but they are like the Audi TT with the 1 exhaust or the 2 exhausts ;)

GT pack for me too - The Bose stereo sounds excellent, imo and the heated seats are :blush: in the winter - Every morning they are the first thing I switch on, after the ESP goes off!

I rarely use cruise control, but being a Catholic I feel the need to deprive myself sometimes, so then I use it for a bit - it's a bit like doing a penance :)

I tend to use cruise control in 30 and 40 limits, when I'm not in traffic.

There are so many mobile speed units in my area I quite like the security of it. The local police seem to go for the wide roads, which aren't in particularly built up areas, where your speed can creep up..