Is the Z a fast car ???

CSC87

it's a deceptively quick car ..............especially over long distances :)

Hit nail on head with that comment!

IWhen i 1st opened mine up i wasnt impressed but glanced @ the speedo & thought christ i'm shiftin here pushing 120(on private road) & it felt like 50

excellent off the line(when esp off) so much grip!

I think its because you dont get the big shove in the back that its deceptive, when dad let me drive his I was in third then he sed go on the while its clear so I did (naturally B) ) and I didnt think much of it but looked down and I was just passing 80 :drive1 (whilst I was on a track I hasten to add :p )

scoobys aint fast

Err!!, don't think i quite agree with that little statement :lol::lol:

My P1 Scooby was bloody quick and handled spot on, in fact sooo much fun and the noise from the Blitz NUR Spec-R was to die for. :yahoo:

Just hope that the 350z, once i find one, is going to be fun also. :lol::lol:

Cheers Dave.

:D Coming from Type-R ownership, Ihave found the Z to be more of a grown-up kind of car, its a "look good, going slow" type of feeling, I dont get the urge to plant my foot into the Mat, whereas, in my CTR, it had that RAW, RACE feel to it, an edginess that made your hair fizz and really go-kart like handling, which I daresay, would out-handle a Z on track around the twisties.

Is the Z quick? Yes it is, but in a civilised, controlled manner, the difference is, it doesnt look like youre trying too hard :thumbs:

Jerry :)

I came from a Clio 182 to a Zed Roadster. the 182 was very quick on B roads and could take corners at impossible speeds - but you had to rag the nuts of it. The 350z is a different type of drive but its quick without trying. At low speeds it sounds good, floor it and it sounds amazing.

Test drive one and see!

:D Coming from Type-R ownership, Ihave found the Z to be more of a grown-up kind of car, its a "look good, going slow" type of feeling, I dont get the urge to plant my foot into the Mat, whereas, in my CTR, it had that RAW, RACE feel to it, an edginess that made your hair fizz and really go-kart like handling, which I daresay, would out-handle a Z on track around the twisties.

Is the Z quick? Yes it is, but in a civilised, controlled manner, the difference is, it doesnt look like youre trying too hard :thumbs:

Spot on mate - exactly the same as my GTi 180. I feel like I am racing people all the time, when infact I'm not. There's so much more a zed than a hot hatch could provide (well, I think so) - the noise alone that echo's all around is something that makes you smile and it doesn't matter if your going fast or not. Like you said, hot hatches feel like big go-karts (great fun especially in twisty b-roads), but when it comes to pure grunt and real 'sporty-ness' most lack that special something. In a zed, I couldn't care less whether Mr Evo, Mr scooby or even Mr Clio 182 can go faster - it gets to a point of asking yourself how much of it is 'pub talk' comparing figures rather than enjoying the noises, g-forces, grip, comfort, etc whilst out driving in the sun on your day off. B)

I think that's where a lot of people go wrong - speed is a key factor in enjoying a car, of course it is. However, it isn't the only element - otherwise all manufacturers would be spitting out crazy speed cars. To me, a car is brought on my desire and passion to drive it, enjoy it and even customise / mod it in the best way I can afford. My golden rule is, if you can get kids to point and smile at it and the occasional lady takes a glance, then you have a cool car - the zed is one of those. :cloud9:

I think that's where a lot of people go wrong - speed is a key factor in enjoying a car, of course it is. However, it isn't the only element - otherwise all manufacturers would be spitting out crazy speed cars. To me, a car is brought on my desire and passion to drive it, enjoy it and even customise / mod it in the best way I can afford. My golden rule is, if you can get kids to point and smile at it and the occasional lady takes a glance, then you have a cool car - the zed is one of those. :cloud9:

+1 it's all driver perspective. For me living in a place predominately country lanes and B roads the Zed eats them for breakfast then asks what is for diner !!!!

Spot on mate - exactly the same as my GTi 180. I feel like I am racing people all the time, when infact I'm not. There's so much more a zed than a hot hatch could provide (well, I think so) - the noise alone that echo's all around is something that makes you smile and it doesn't matter if your going fast or not. Like you said, hot hatches feel like big go-karts (great fun especially in twisty b-roads), but when it comes to pure grunt and real 'sporty-ness' most lack that special something. In a zed, I couldn't care less whether Mr Evo, Mr scooby or even Mr Clio 182 can go faster - it gets to a point of asking yourself how much of it is 'pub talk' comparing figures rather than enjoying the noises, g-forces, grip, comfort, etc whilst out driving in the sun on your day off. B)

The Z gets so much attention, Ive noticed over the last 2 weeks Ive had her!! People know its not a really common car, so thats why they look ;)

I love the exclusitivity of the Z, its like a limited club, and Im so glad there arent many on the roads like TTs, BMWs :thumbdown:

Leaving my Type-R still hurts, but I feel I grown-up so much into the Z.

I don't think you can really compare the z to an evo or scooby, after driving my dads impreza sti around for a while they are totally different beasts. It's not turbo'ed so you don't get such a brutal accelleration like u would on the impreza but its still seriously quick only in a linear fashion. BUT you certainly can compare the two when it comes to quality, IMO the scoobys look as though they have been covered in glue and driven through halfords window, the interior is made out of the same stuff selection boxes are made from and its got the same build quality as a lithuaniun fairground ride.

Reliablility too, no turbo's, no intercoolers no worries, plus servicing is as cheap as you will find on a performance car.

If you want brutal power and a ride that will turn your bones to soup and wear a burberry cap then choose something like a scooby or evo, if your after comfort, reliability, head turning looks, great handling, serious fun and enough power to leave most cars in your wake then get the zed.

R :teeth::teeth::teeth:

I don't think you can really compare the z to an evo or scooby, after driving my dads impreza sti around for a while they are totally different beasts. It's not turbo'ed so you don't get such a brutal accelleration like u would on the impreza but its still seriously quick only in a linear fashion. BUT you certainly can compare the two when it comes to quality, IMO the scoobys look as though they have been covered in glue and driven through halfords window, the interior is made out of the same stuff selection boxes are made from and its got the same build quality as a lithuaniun fairground ride.

Reliablility too, no turbo's, no intercoolers no worries, plus servicing is as cheap as you will find on a performance car.

If you want brutal power and a ride that will turn your bones to soup and wear a burberry cap then choose something like a scooby or evo, if your after comfort, reliability, head turning looks, great handling, serious fun and enough power to leave most cars in your wake then get the zed.

R :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Sums it up pretty well bud, some good points there !