Double DIN head unit

jim

Ive gotta agree with you on that one Rob, ive always been a fan of Alpine. Ive got the W505 sitting around waiting to be fitted atm, just waiting for the BT to arrive, altho i had planned to do all this several months ago!

Jim, where have you looked at for the alpine? I didn't pay a huge amount for mine altho it was an ebay purchase. I think it was £400 brand new. You could also try the W202 which is a slightly cheaper version of the W502 graphics just dont look as good, but it still does Ipod and pretty much anything else you could want. Alpines are always a bit pricey tho when compared to some most of the other makes.

I've been on the look out for the Alpine W505 at a decent price for quite a while. Haven't seen it at that price though. Was it an ebay shop or private sale? if you don't mind me asking.

Private sale, it was new but technically used, as in it had never been fitted and used, but had been taken out of the box to test. I just happened to stumble across it on Ebay, and had seen another on the talk audio forums, going for a little more.

If that price includes the BT adapter and the iPod cable then its a good price. As for the unit ive never heard of that model but from the pictures ive seen it looks like the DNX-5220 which i used to own. the 5220 as i said above was a very nice headunit and you probably wont go wrong with the price you have been quoted.

The 5220 is very nice indeed but has now been superceded by the 5240. It's essentially the same unit but has support for the latest generation iPods and iPhones which use a slightly different charging voltage. I foolishly decided to wait for the release of the new version as I thought it would be good to get the newer iPod support in case my 5th gen classic ever dies. That wasn't the wisest move given that Kenwood seem to have used it as an excuse to add £150 to the price!!!! :rant:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood ... -7316.html

£769.99 for the DNX-5240BT!!! :scare:

The price was always going to be a bit more. Through the life of the head units they always drop by a chunk and then also this year all the distributeres have put up their prices too so even on older head units the prices have gone up by around 10% normally