MREV2

GT4 Zed

Thanks to Sunset350z i got hold of this special item and i can't stop smiling :teeth::teeth:

The difference is huge in the mid range and there is a small induction growl now at WOT.

i hope the ECU does not take this away from me, if not i will be fitting and refitting the MREV2 ever so often to unlearn the ECU :teeth: .

On a separate note i took the opportunity to fit spacers and also clean the TB which was full of grease/gunk from the atmosphere but mainly oil from the crank breather pipe.

i can also say with confidence where all the oil consumption in the GT4 or revup engines go :wacko: ...its all burnt up in smoke while some collects between the runners in the lower collector:headhurt:

A catchcan is a must i think. To save me oil and hopefully the resulting cooler "uncontaminated" air should yeild more ponies :p

See pics for differences

IMG_0176-1.jpg

1-The GT4 (REVUP) runners are shorter hence less torque more top end power. 2-Where my oil goes to! catch can next on the list!!

3&4- Nissan'n attempt to remedy the poor airflow to the front cylinders by reprofilling the angle/height of the intake and more space for airflow between the runners.

IMG_0175.jpg

The MREV 2 which is just the standard lower collector that has been ported just like what motordyne did to improve the airflow to the front but retain torque charcteristics of the non revup engine :p

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

Cleaning out the gunk from the TB and butterfly and inner surface of the plenum case white white spirit. No probs afterwards

I will dyno the car with this setup before i put on the the CAI, angled plenum spacer, decat/HFC and true dual exhaust and see if there is any objective gain.

Did you say angled plenum spacer? I did mention that the silver spacer i have is angled didn't i???

Good write up, in the wrong forum index again! :lol:

I have to say i was a bit sceptical about the Mrev2, but you've proved that it does work, and it'll be interesting to see what amount of horsepower this has gained.

Thanks for the compliments too :thumbs: cheers Bennet.

Moved from Styling ;)

Thanks Mods :thumbs: i need to pay attention :blush:

Steve. i was thinking of your angled spacers but i think the isssue will be the longer bolts it would require for both the plenum and the strut brace which you donot have i think. it might also need a modified gasket to fit between the top of the spacer and the upper plenum collector ;)

Please correct me if i am wrong because i would be happy to take the spacer off your hands :teeth:

Yes unfortunately i do not have the fitting kit. :blush:

The bolts that come with the 5/16ths motordyne spacer would fit with my angled spacer, so you could buy new bolts the same size as them. As for a gasket, if you do need one then it could easily be made up from a large piece of card, there's nothing special about it. The only slightly difficult items to get sorted, would be the 6 plastic spacers that fit on the inside of the plenum around the middle bolts!! but again these can be made up with careful measuring, diy style.

I've just measured the actual thickness of this spacer and it is 1/2 inch down to 1/4 inch. The blue spacer i have is not angled and is 3/8ths thick just for your information.

All the bolts you need and the other little bits wouldn't come up to more than 20 quid!! and you could get stainless bolts for that matter.

If i hadn't already bought my original spacer i wouldn't of hesitated fitting one of these to my car. :thumbs:

Looks good bud. Will be interesting to see the results. Dont go jumping for joy straight away though as the ECU takes some time to learn to cancel the mods, so if you dyno straight away it will look good, but do it again in a couple of weeks time and you might just be back to stock :rant:

You can reset the ECU in less than a minute.

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Tutorial:ECU_Reset

I found MREV2 really boosted torque - a piggy back makes the most of this mod

Do you mean resetting would unlearn the ECU? i have not done a reset since fitting the MREV2 fearing the ECU might cancel out my new found torque :blush:

what piggy back are you using?

the oil consumption issue has nothing to do with the plenum ;)

It is totally normal to have oil collect in the plenum area, regardless of the year of the car. The rings are the issue with the revup motors

enjoy the mods

Hey Adam, i did not think the plenum was the cause. my observation was that looking at all the oil sitting around the lower collector from the breather pipe meant a lot of wastage from the crankcase as the oil was ultimately burnt in combustion....

To continue with this thinking i feel an oilcatch can is a wise investment and i see you have one from Cusco ;) what other hardware would i need to install this properly and briefly how

Am i right in thinking that diverting the breather pipe into the catch can and recirculation it will clean up the air charge and provide better burn?

i value your experience as always :thumbs:

Interesting, cos when i took my plenum off, there was no oil there at all. Mine is the 2004 model with 276bhp.

depends on mileage, when its driven relative to when you fit the plenum, etc. There are galley's for the oil to drip back to the heads

How do some get more than others? Is it a sign its been given a right good ragging? :lol:

Hi neighbour,

still smiling :teeth:

good you joined up! can't thank you enough for helping with that plenum fitting. :thumbs:

we are goint to be busy soon ;) more mods on the way :yahoo: comfirm if you are up for the wales meet as my better half can't make it :wacko: i'll see you nextweek anyway