New Tyres

madhops87

In the end I went for Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. All I can say is wow! Havent used them in the wet yet but dry grip is second to none. Well worth the money imo. Considering the amount of time I put into deciding what I wanted Im very pleased with them! It feels like Im driving a different car.

thats good to hear, i'm looking forward to swapping over, just have to wait till my stones wear out. especially now as we're heading out of the rainy season, the stones will do well in the dry, am hoping to have the ssantas on mine before end of autumn this year.

• 1 month later...

Vredestein Sessantas are a superb Tyre in both wet and dry. This is based on a lot of testing at Milbrook on a Pre production Gt car. Both in Subjective and measured tests the Vred's were superb. Only beaten by the Goodyear Eagle F1. The more track orientated tyres such as the Assymetrico's obviously tested to higher limits. However when you take into account the price and durability it's a walkover. Also don't discount the Avon ZZ3. The new compund is superb, I run them on my 200sx with 500 Bhp. ( Automotive Development Engineer ) :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
In the end I went for Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. All I can say is wow! Havent used them in the wet yet but dry grip is second to none. Well worth the money imo. Considering the amount of time I put into deciding what I wanted Im very pleased with them! It feels like Im driving a different car.

What sizes were they. Quite fancy trying the Vredestein and can find the 245/45 R18. The only ones I can see as 225/45 R18 are XL ones. Checked out the Vredestein website and it seems these are what they recommend for the Zed with pressures f/r at 45/42psi