OEM Seats Wear on Driver side?

jerry3167

Even though Ive only had my Z for a few days, I noticed that it is rather quite tricky getting in and out of the driver seat, being that it is quite squashed up between you and the steering wheel, and especially if the car is parked on an Incline. I have found that the DRIVERS RIGHT SIDE bolster takes a big strain as you climb out, and I can see the material getting a serious wear in months to come!

Anyone found this to be the case?

Jerry :)

Teflon is a trademark I think and I know that Scotchgard is another that does it. We had it put on our sofa when we got a fabric one and it makes it so much easier to clean them. Have a look on eBay or have a word with a local furniture company :)

Yup, the main problem with this is that the car is low slung and the doors are long. So if you are in a confined space, the door doesnt open very far, forcing you to enter over the seat rather than to the side of it (if that makes sense). Forces you to sit/slide over the bolster.

Count yourself kind of lucky though, as the leater seats dont like the hammering at all! Infact my own leather seats will be for sale in about a month as I am replacing them with Recaros :headhurt:

:) Leather seats for sale? what colour and how much?

hmmm...

Dont get too excited. They were Alezan, but I recoloured them back and a pale grey centre. They looked mint, however in the high wear areas they cant take it and wear through to Alezan again in a matter of months :surrender: Would only sell them on the proviso they were going to be retrimmed, I wouldnt be happy with someone using them worn as they are. Not sure on price, few hundred quid maybe. Retrim would be about £500, but they would be 10x better than stock leather then :thumbs:

:) Cheers Chris, Looks like I may source some nice Recaros to go with my TAKATA HARNESS then, the OEM seats are nice IMO, but take a beating with wear as described above!!

Just be nice to the Recaros, they will take the same beating. I need aftermarket seats as I cant have my car off the road while the retrim is being done and I'm using it as a good excuse :teeth::thumbs: