AEM CAI fitted, with pics

sake-bito

Ok, decided to fit the aem cai today. I know it wasnt supposed to fir a UK car so i knew it wouldn't fit in the bumper so i decided to fit it short arm.

After fitting it now I can now say that the problem with the water bottle being in the way in the bumper is not the only issure with fitting this kit. I assume that the UK MAF is slightly larger than a US/JDM?? I couldnt get the supplies AEM 3" silicone pipe fitted over the MAF easily. Took about 30 mins to get this to fit alone.

Anyway i have it fitted and all i need to do is make a braket to support the induction kit as its kind of floating about in the bay (only held on by throttle body and breather pipe)

here are some pics (had to put one of the car too :lol: )

fornet2.jpg

fornet7.jpg

fornet5.jpg

fornet6.jpg

(sorry for the crappy pictures, i had my big lense on my camera and couldnt be bothered changing it :headhurt: )

This bit has confused me though, I took the car out for a drive and couldn't hear any induction roar, possibly because my exhaust is so loud. But the response of the engine is much better, honestly it actually feels quicker! I know it shouldn't give any gains and most people say they feel its faster but this is usually due to the noise (which i have non of :wacko: ) Could there have been something holding my car back with the standard filter?? The filter itself was clean??

Looks cool mate, although you should really get a heat shield for that, you won't be doing yourself any favours dragging warm air into the engine.

But it does look B)

R

Makes no odds, the ECU dials out the gain ;)

Looks cool mate, although you should really get a heat shield for that, you won't be doing yourself any favours dragging warm air into the engine.

But it does look B)

R

Makes no odds, the ECU dials out the gain ;)

Yeah but warm air will be counter productive surely.

R

Yeah i would have thought the warm air would lose some power 2 or 3 BHP tops. Was gonna fit a intake hole in the bumper to aid air to the filter. but when i have the time i'm gonna whip off the bumper and try and remove the water tank so i can run the full intake

STOO

Your front tyre looks a little low on wind in the pic!

Maybe nothing to worry about as it's only at the bottom.... ;)

I never noticed when I was out drivng it, but you tend to not with the low profiles. Will check it out though :thumbs:

Stoo

I had a problem with the tyres on my 20s not sealing properly. You don't want to know what the pressure was when I arrived in Wales for the big one last year.....

It does tend to get low before you notice.

ha ha , i dont drive it much!

STOO

Neither do I. A tyre can still lose pressure sitting on a driveway.

I check mine regularly but then I lost a friend in an accident when I was 19 with the cause given as an under inflated tyre. Makes you think, something so simple can literally be life or death.

Try doing a TB closed position learning reset and idle air reset. They are recommended by JWT when you fit a pop charger if the idle is lumpy. Also do you have air con on all the time? Having it on really makes it idle smoother :)

tire pressure should always be at the factory recommended pressures, regardless of the tire diameter or size - so in the mid to upper 30's - you have to experiment to feel out what best suits your particular needs/driving style

the UK maf is the same size as the MAF worldwide - as evidenced by the fact that you got it to fit ;) It's a tight fit, as it's supposed to. Some soapy water works wonders to make it slide on easily